FIME India Achieves EMVCo Contact Level 2 Accreditation
FIME is amongst the first to secure the accreditation within India, enhancing local support for EMV certification
March 20, 2017 – FIME, the leading consultancy, testing and certification specialist, today announces its Indian laboratory is one of the first in the country to receive EMVCo accreditation to perform EMV®* Level 2 Contact certification testing. Local terminal manufacturers and kernel developers can now validate the compliance of their solutions within India, reducing certification time and costs.
“Ongoing EMV migration and the digitization of the Indian economy are driving unprecedented demand from terminal manufacturers and kernel developers,” comments Prakash Sambandam, Vice President – South East Asia at FIME. “Having supported EMV certification with our debugging and consultancy services, this accreditation now provides our customers with on-the-ground support to streamline the certification process and accelerate time to market.”
The Indian laboratory will use FIME’s qualified test tool, EVAL, to perform formal certification testing. The tool is available to purchase for in-house pre-certification testing to help identify issues that can lead to delays later in the process.
To find out more about how FIME can support your projects, contact your local office https://www.fime.com/contact-us/global-offices.html.
* EMV is a registered trademark in the U.S. and other countries, and is an unregistered trademark in other countries, owned by EMVCo.
Other Point of Sale blogs of interest:
- Report: RetailMeNot Mobile Marketing Campaigns Can Deliver 4.3x ROI #ShopTalk
- National Retail Federation Announces Shop.org 2017
- Scala to Display Digital Experience Creation Tools at #Shoptalk Event
- Contrary to Gloomy Reports, Retail Stores Far from Dead
- Another Hospitality Point of Sale Terminal Hacking
- POS-Advice.com For Restaurants