First Data Completes Acquisition of BluePay
NEW YORK–(BUSINESS WIRE)– First Data Corporation (NYSE: FDC), a global leader in commerce-enabling technology and solutions, today announced the successful completion of its acquisition of BluePay Holdings, Inc. from BluePay’s current owners including TA Associates and BluePay management.
BluePay is a provider of technology-enabled payment processing for merchants in the U.S. and Canada and was one of First Data’s largest distribution partners with a strong focus on software-enabled payments and Card-Not-Present transactions. It processes approximately $19 billion of annual sales volume for more than 77,000 merchants and is integrated into more than 450 software platforms. BluePay offers software integration solutions that complement those offered through First Data’s CardConnect business.
“The addition of BluePay’s integrated Card-Not-Present solutions to CardConnect’s cutting-edge ISV product suite affords First Data a unique and comprehensive offering in the high-growth integrated payments space,” said First Data Chairman and CEO, Frank Bisignano. “Importantly, this acquisition will also allow us to enhance our service offerings to our JV alliances and other distribution partners.”
BluePay CEO, Bala Janakiraman, will continue to lead BluePay operations.
About First Data
First Data is a global leader in commerce-enabling technology and solutions, serving approximately six million business locations and 4,000 financial institutions in more than 100 countries around the world. The company’s 24,000 owner-associates are dedicated to helping companies, from start-ups to the world’s largest corporations, conduct commerce every day by securing and processing more than 2,800 transactions per second and $2.2 trillion per year.
BluePay is a leading provider of technology-enabled payment processing for merchants in the United States and Canada. Through physical POS, online, and mobile interfaces, as well as CRM and ERP software integrations, BluePay processes business-to-consumer and business-to-business payments while providing real-time settlement, reporting, and reconciliation, along with robust security features such as tokenization and point-to-point encryption.
Other Point of Sale News:
- Digital Signage Market – Expected to Reach $31.7 Billion by 2025 – Research and Markets
- Chain Restaurants Say EPA Ethanol Fuel Level for 2018 is Too High
- Latest Mastercard Start Path Program Includes Blockchain, Digital Identity and Healthcare
- Infinite Peripherals Launches InfineaRetail™ Airline Edition for In-Flight Retail Service
- Retailers Urge Senate Passage of ‘Once-in-a-Generation’ Tax Reform Bill
- FIME expands Discover Network With End-to-end Certification Tools and Services
- B2 Processing Announces PINPad Drivers To Easily Migrate Point-of-Sale to EMV and Contactless
- Cyber Monday Sees $3.4 Billion in Desktop Online Sales to Rank as Top U.S. Online Spending Day
- Global Payments and CaixaBank Bring Apple Pay to Customers
- Brother Mobile Solutions’ New PT-E800W Industrial Labeling System Offers Star Performance