Grubhub and White Castle® Introduce Delivery from Nation’s Foremost Slider Experts
CHICAGO and COLUMBUS, Ohio, Jan. 10, 2018 — Grubhub (NYSE: GRUB), the nation’s leading online and mobile food-ordering company, and White Castle, America’s first fast-food hamburger chain and the home of The Original Slider®, today announced a partnership that will offer delivery from Castles across the country, in markets where both brands are available.
Online ordering and delivery are currently available from Grubhub at more than 75 White Castle locations, including New York City, Chicago, St. Louis, Indianapolis and Detroit. Throughout January, Grubhub will bring delivery to more than 45 additional White Castle locations. This means that diners across the country can order White Castle favorites, like The Original Slider®, Chicken Rings or go bold with a Crave Case® to share, all through Grubhub’s leading online and mobile platforms. White Castle’s breakfast menu, with favorites such as the Breakfast Waffle Slider, is also available for delivery through Grubhub.
“We’re honored to partner with the iconic White Castle brand to power delivery from Castles across the country” said Stan Chia, chief operating officer at Grubhub. “Our orders show that sliders are clearly on the rise, and we’re thrilled to deliver more of what our nearly 10 million diners crave. Hungry, White Castle customers can now enjoy their favorite menu items from the comfort of their own homes.”
“As a family-owned business for 97 years, White Castle has been dedicated to making memorable moments for our customers,” said Lisa Ingram, president and chief executive officer at White Castle and fourth generation family member. “We pioneered take-out for those wanting a favorite meal at home, launched grocery products nationwide to satisfy the coast-to-coast Crave, and today we are thrilled to partner with the wonderful team at Grubhub to bring our hot and tasty food to customers everywhere.”
To celebrate the arrival of Grubhub delivery from White Castle, the companies will bring White Castle’s food truck, the Crave Mobile, to deliver a feast to one lucky winner’s viewing party during football’s biggest night on Feb. 4, 2018.
Please see the following details to win a visit from the Crave Mobile during a home viewing party on Feb. 4, 2018:
- To enter for the chance to win, use code ‘CRAVEPARTY’ at checkout when placing a White Castle order on Grubhub from Jan. 11-15
- One lucky winner will have their viewing party on Feb. 4, 2018 catered by Grubhub and White Castle, with at-home delivery by the Crave Mobile
- No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. For official rules, visitnewsroom.grubhub.com/wc-football-sweepstakes.
Grubhub (NYSE: GRUB) is the nation’s leading online and mobile takeout food-ordering marketplace with the most comprehensive network of restaurant partners and largest active diner base. Dedicated to moving eating forward and connecting diners with the food they love from their favorite local restaurants, the Company’s platforms and services strive to elevate food ordering through innovative restaurant technology, easy-to-use platforms and an improved delivery experience. Grubhub is proud to work with approximately 75,000 restaurant partners in over 1,300 U.S. cities and London. The Grubhub portfolio of brands includes Grubhub, Seamless, Eat24, AllMenus and MenuPages.
About White Castle®
White Castle, America’s first fast-food hamburger chain based in Columbus, Ohio, has been making Bold Moves™ as a family-owned business for 97 years. The company was founded in Wichita, Kansas, in 1921, serving The Original Slider®, made from 100 percent USDA inspected beef. Today White Castle owns and operates nearly 400 restaurants in 13 states. The pioneering original slider, Time Magazine’s most influential burger of all time, is served alongside a menu of creatively crafted sliders and other tasty food options. White Castle’s commitment to maintaining the highest quality products extends to the company owning and operating its own meat processing plants and bakeries as well as three frozen food processing plants. The retail division markets White Castle’s famous fare in grocery, club stores, convenience stores, vending operations and concessions across the United States and in a growing number of international locations, including military base exchanges around the world.
Other Point of Sale News
- Touch Dynamic to Attend #NRF2018 Retail’s BIG Show
- Intellicheck Sees Sweeping Fraud Threat in Wake of Surging Data Breaches
- New Digimarc Barcode for Thermal Label Simplifies Retail Checkout & Reduces Product Shrink
- eBest Mobile Functionality Recognized by Gartner, Inc.
- NETSOL Technologies’ Point of Sale System Goes Live for FCA Automotive Finance Co., Ltd
- iSIGN Media Announces Shares for Debt Transaction
- Spencer Technologies Acquires Certified Retail Solutions
- Brother Canada Drives Significant Sales Growth From New eCommerce Site
- Retail Imports End 2017 With 7 Percent Growth as Industry Sales Continue to Increase
- magia.ai Launches Autonomous-Retail Platform for Retailers to Proactively ‘Sell Anywhere’