Grubhub Unveils New In-Restaurant Technology
CHICAGO, May 19, 2016 /PRNewswire/ — Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food-ordering and delivery platform, today announced the launch of GrubCentral, the company’s new in-restaurant technology platform. Accessible from any device, the GrubCentral platform makes it easy for restaurants to manage their menus, review Grubhub financial statements and easily process orders from any device.
GrubCentral raises the bar on efficiency and functionality standards for in-house restaurant technology. It offers significant improvements over the first in-house restaurant technology, OrderHub, which Grubhub introduced in 2012. OrderHub is an Android app that allowed restaurants to manage online orders received via Grubhub.
“We are completely focused on connecting diners and restaurants, offering the best and broadest set of restaurant choices to diners and positively impacting the bottom line of our restaurant partners,” said Sudev Balakrishnan, SVP of Product for Grubhub. “We’re thrilled that GrubCentral will make the lives of restaurant owners easier by improving accessibility, enabling real-time menu updates and offering tighter integration with our delivery drivers. Efficiencies driven by this new product will give time back to our restaurant partners to focus on what they love: serving up delicious food.”
A snapshot of GrubCentral’s new features include:
- Access from any device, anywhere – Restaurants can opt for a Grubhub-provided tablet, or they can use a web browser on their own hardware. This clears up the crowded, tablet-filled counter space, allowing owners to manage financials in a back office while staff can continue to manage orders from the front of the house.
- Manage menus in real-time – Restaurants will be able to create and modify their online Grubhub menu in real-time, giving them control and flexibility over their menu. This enables restaurant owners to instantaneously change and update menu items, including daily specials that are being offered.
- Integrated Grubhub Delivery features – Owners are given real-time status updates on driver location. In combination with map tracking, this helps restaurants decide when to fire food and also allows access to each driver’s contact info, so restaurants can reach out to drivers to check on orders or resolve issues.
“We pride ourselves on our in-house, chef driven specials,” said Rick Jurmark, General Manager of EJ’s Luncheonette in New York City. “With GrubCentral’s menu management capabilities, it’s been a game changer when it comes to offering daily specials. We can easily update our menu with just a few clicks, allowing us to provide a more diverse menu selection and increase our order volume while improving recognition of our brand.”
GrubCentral is being used by thousands of restaurants and will continue to be offered to more restaurants over the coming months.
To find takeout restaurants available in your area, check out Grubhub.com. If you are interested in becoming part of the Grubhub Delivery team, please visit driver.grubhub.com. To find out how your restaurant can join Grubhub, check out get.grubhub.com. To learn more about Grubhub and its portfolio of brands, please visit http://media.grubhub.com.
Grubhub (NYSE: GRUB) is the nation’s leading online and mobile food-ordering company. Dedicated to moving eating forward and connecting diners with the food they love from their favorite local restaurants, the company’s platforms and services strive to elevate food ordering through innovative restaurant technology, easy-to-use platforms and an improved delivery experience. Grubhub is proud to work with more than 44,000 restaurant partners in over 1,000 U.S. cities and London. The Grubhub portfolio of brands includes Grubhub, Seamless, AllMenus, MenuPages, Restaurants on the Run, DiningIn, LA Bite and Delivered Dish.
Other Point of Sale blogs that may interest you:
- MasterCard Invites Coders to Trip Hack Competition to Create Next Generation Travel Apps
- Heckler Design Launches WindFall Coaster for Restaurants at NRA Show 2016
- Kipling Unveils Interactive Retail Concept At Disney Springs
- Melissa Data Advances Data Quality Integrating ID Verification
- Alliance Data to Provide Branded Credit Card To Forever 21