GS1 US Integrates Three Online Tools to Introduce New GS1 US Data Hub®
LAWRENCEVILLE, N.J., June 22, 2016 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ — GS1 US® has introduced a new online tool that provides members with validated, GS1 Standards-based product, location and company data, barcode creation capabilities and the ability to share data for enhanced collaboration with trading partners—all in one solution. The new GS1 US Data Hub® integrates three existing GS1 US online tools—GS1 US Data Hub® Version 2.0, Data Driver® and the GLN Registry®—offering users a seamless, more automated platform to help improve business processes and data quality.
GS1 US Data Hub includes:
- GS1 US Data Hub® | Product (formerly Data Driver) enables brand owners to quickly and easily create Global Trade Item Numbers® (GTIN®) and high resolution GS1 barcodes (like U.P.C. and GS1-128) to identify their products. This tool helps suppliers meet their trading partners’ requirements by quickly and easily generating high resolution, authentic barcodes to avoid costly mistakes that can result from creating barcodes incorrectly. Users can also share information with trading partners within this tool.
- GS1 US Data Hub® | Location (formerly GLN Registry) offers a central resource of industry location information. This gives users the ability to assign Global Location Numbers (GLNs) and define data about their locations. The tool provides access to specific location information, which when combined with GTIN information can provide better traceability, improved order-to-cash efficiency, and other cost reductions throughout the supply chain. Data Hub | Location also allows for information sharing between trading partners.
- GS1 US Data Hub® | Company (formerly GS1 US Data Hub Version 2.0) provides access to information on U.S. companies that license a GS1 Company Prefix—the specific combination of numbers embedded in a GS1 identifier (such as a GTIN or GLN) to identify the company in the marketplace—so users can match products to their brand owners and add additional data validation to their business processes.
“The new GS1 US Data Hub is timely, as more companies recognize a growing need to access quality data in a way that is easy, scalable and shareable,” said Laura DiSciullo, senior vice president of solutions, GS1 US. “Through GS1 US Data Hub, users now have key GS1 identifiers—GTIN, GLN and Company Prefix—in one place. By bringing all three capabilities together, companies of all sizes will be able to better manage data quality efforts in today’s data-driven business environment.”
MORE NEWS FROM POINTOFSALE.COM (ps – please let vendors know when you have seen them on this website. we rely on sponsors to keep the lights on and pay the staff. you can help by letting them know you were here and saw them. thanks!!!)
- RFID Journal to Hold RFID Retail and Apparel Event in NYC Oct. 6, 2016
- Stikeleather Apparel Has Acquired Online Retailer White Plum
- ASI (Restaurant Manager) Announces New Business Development Manager Hire
- Processing.com receives significant investment from LaSalle Capital
- Claris Solutions Appoints Dan Natale Business Development and Consulting Partner
- Kroger Introduces Online Grocery Shopping in North Texas and Louisiana
- Vivino and Marsh Supermarkets Launch First U.S. Retail Pilot Program
- Instacart Partners With Cash&Carry to Offer Customers Same Day Delivery in Portland
- MasterCard Speeds Chip Terminal Deployment for Merchants | Global Hub