HotelTonight Expands Use of Apple Pay With Touch ID Technology
SAN FRANCISCO, CA–(Marketwired – Jun 23, 2016) – HotelTonight, the leader in last-minute hotel booking, today announced it has expanded its use of Apple Pay into its check-out for new users, meaning that even new customers who have not yet created a HotelTonight account can seamlessly book a room with just two taps and a fingerprint with Touch ID. To celebrate this integration, HotelTonight will offer exclusive discounts all summer long for those who book with Apple Pay.
While using other online travel agencies to find and book a hotel room can be a lengthy, arduous process, on HotelTonight it takes seconds. The updated integration of Apple Pay with Touch ID cuts the HotelTonight booking process down even further, to 5 seconds flat, from app open to confirmed booking.
“We just made the easiest way to book a hotel even easier,” said Amanda Richardson, HotelTonight’s Vice President of Product. “We are obsessive about reducing friction for our customers and making it crazy-simple and fast for them to find and book great hotels. We recently redesigned our check-out with Touch ID so that our customers don’t have to spend time entering their name or email address or payment information. With two quick taps and a touch of their finger with Touch ID, they can get out of the app and into their room ASAP, even if it’s their first time using HotelTonight.”
Security and privacy is at the core of Apple Pay. When you use a credit or debit card with Apple Pay, the actual card numbers are not stored on the device, nor on Apple servers. Instead, a unique Device Account Number is assigned, encrypted and securely stored in the Secure Element on your device. Each transaction is authorized with a one-time unique dynamic security code.
Coupled with this update is a limited-time promo for Apple Pay bookers, including a weekly roulette-style coupon that scores bookers $20, $40 or $100 off, as well as a $25 discount for first-time bookers.
How to get these deals:
- Redeem promo code TRAVELTUESDAY on any Tuesday through August 30, 2016 for a roulettestyle coupon. You’ll get $20, $40 or $100 off when you book with Apple Pay. (Redeem the code to find out what you’ll get! Applies to bookings of $150+. Code must be redeemed on a Tuesday but can be used to book any day of the week until it expires. More details here.)
- For first-time bookers, use promo code APPLEPAY25 when you book with Apple Pay any day of the week through September 1, 2016 and you’ll get $25 off your first booking! (Applies to booking of $135+. More details here.)
How HotelTonight Works:
- Book rooms on HotelTonight for tonight or up to a week out, at more than 15,000 hotels in over 500 destinations across the globe.
- Hotel rooms can be easily booked via the app in less than 10 seconds — just three taps and a swipe from app launch to completed booking (and even quicker if you’re using Apple Pay!).
- All hotels are vetted by the HotelTonight team, given a style category (like Basic, Hip or Luxe) and illustrated by mobile-optimized hotel photos.
- As the check-in date approaches and rooms remain unsold, hotels drop their rates. HotelTonight plays matchmaker between these hotels and guests who are looking for a great deal at a great hotel.
Founded in 2010, HotelTonight enables customers to book great hotels at amazing prices on their mobile devices, tonight or up to 7 days in advance. For hotels, HotelTonight is a strategic partner for filling rooms that would otherwise remain empty. HotelTonight is currently available in more than 500 destinations across the globe.
Other Point of Sale blogs that may interest you:
- First Data chooses DAVO SALES TAX app as the first app featured on their new Clover Blog
- First Technology Platform To Automate E-Commerce Marketplaces for Retailers and Brands
- George Hamilton Appears As KFC’s Extra Crispy Colonel
- Lightspeed Appoints NKPR as PR Agency of Record
- 1 in 5 Mobile Wearable Ticketing Users to Shift to Mobile Contactless Purchases by 2021
- Posiflex Launches New Point Of Sale Terminal for Non-Stop Service