How Brand Owners Can Win The Race to E-Commerce-Friendly Packaging
OAK BROOK, Ill., Nov. 16, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — Rigid packaging leader TricorBraun today released a new digital magazine addressing the e-commerce challenges and considerations faced by consumer-packaged goods (CPG) brand owners, and how they can increase opportunities for growth with the right packaging strategies and solutions.
Consumers’ desire for what they want and when they want it, their ever-increasing connected behavior and multi-tasking nature are just a few of the factors contributing to the evolution of retail from brick and mortar to e-commerce. In fact, online CPG sales are exploding at a rate of more than 50% year over yeari.
In the complimentary digital magazine, “The Race to E-Commerce-Friendly Packaging,” TricorBraun outlines:
- The consumer behavior, lifestyle trends and needs that are pushing the evolution of retail
- The transformation of retail as an omnichannel experience
- The role of the brand owner and packaging implications
- Packaging solutions that protect, offer visual appeal and are optimized for pack out and shipping
“We are deep in a retail paradigm shift,” said Becky Donner, senior vice president of design and engineering at TricorBraun. “For CPG brand owners, that means your in-store packaging strategy needs to be re-examined for e-commerce. We find that brand owners don’t always know how to design and develop packaging for e-commerce. They may not have an e-commerce strategy, know the packaging options available, or understand the ins and outs of the technologies that can help them deliver. Evolving your packaging to survive the increased number of e-commerce supply chain touchpoints, and ensuring you do so in a way that delights the consumer, drives brand growth and builds loyalty is our goal.”
TricorBraun Design & Engineering Group is a business unit of TricorBraun, one of North America’s leading providers of rigid packaging. Our team’s primary mission is to design, engineer and manage the development, production and commercialization of custom packaging solutions for personal care, cosmetics, healthcare, food and beverage, industrial household chemical and animal health products. It is supported by TricorBraun’s more than 40 offices globally, holding one of the largest inventories of rigid packaging components worldwide.
Other Point of Sale News:
- Bell and Howell Says 100th Retail Click-and-Collect Installation of Cleveron’s PackRobot
- Almost Half of Younger Consumers Plan to Spend More During the Holidays
- POSDATA Partners with Futurex to Offer VirtuCrypt Remote Key Injection
- NuORDER Announces eCommerce-Enabled Online Visual Merchandising Solution
- Companies Partner to Enhance People-Based Marketing Campaigns for Omnichannel Engagement
- Consumer problems are up, but corporate complaint-handling improves in 2017
- News America Marketing Signals Next Phase of Strategic Transformation with 6 Appointments
- Canadian Rewards Company Raises $5 Million in Series A Funding
- October Retail Sales Up 4.3 Percent Over Last Year
- Star Micronics Announces First Apple AirPrint POS Printer