IBM Watson-powered QIHAN Sanbot Brings Retail AI to Life at IBM Forum 2017
SHENZHEN, China—Earlier this month, IBM invited QIHAN Technology Company to showcase Sanbot, an intelligent humanoid robot, at the annual IBM Forum 2017 event in Hong Kong. Powered by IBM Watson, Sanbot demonstrated smart card payments in retail solutions using a demo for an interactive coffee menu and language recognition using IBM Watson, as well as interacted with the event’s attendees to reveal how robotics will benefit the future.
“Partnering with QIHAN provides us with a powerful platform for IBM Watson, and showcases all the ways we can interact with humanoids in our lives,” said Rick Lee, Watson leader at IBM. “From service industries, to financial services and healthcare, there is an important role that robotics can play. IBM is excited about the future possibilities of our partnership to change the world.”
With robust, cloud-powered artificial intelligence powered by IBM Watson, Sanbot is able to deliver effective, personalized communications and services. With its unique Robotics-as-a-Service model, Sanbot is capable of recognizing and communicating up to 30 different languages, making it ideal to be deployed almost anywhere in the world.
“Sanbot’s demonstrations at IBM Forum 2017 served as a glimpse into a world where robots will change people’s lives,” said Zhuang Yongjun, chief technology officer at QIHAN. “Demonstrating Sanbot at the IBM Forum is the first in a long line of ways we can work together to bring AI and robotics to the forefront. We look forward to continued collaborations and opportunities that will showcase the power of AI.”
For more information about Sanbot, please visit http://www.sanbot.com/.
About QIHAN Technology Co. Ltd
Founded in 2006, QIHAN Technology Co. Ltd. (QIHAN) is a global leading CCTV surveillance equipment and solutions provider headquartered in Shenzhen, China. Its proprietary solutions, Qihan, Sanbot, and Qihan Cloud, utilize next-generation robotics and artificial intelligent (AI) technologies to help improve the lives of its customers. Through its core business of surveillance cameras, QIHAN has built a substantial pool of over 200 intellectual properties in Machine Vision Recognition, Multi-axis Automatic Control, Big Data Analysis, and more.
Other POS news:
- Unata Launches 3rd Party Partner Hub to Provide Grocers with Best of Breed Solutions
- NCC Announces the New RHQ Mobile Application
- AccuStore Consolidates Survey Data Reporting in New Release
- Toshiba Wins Gold Stevie for LEAD 2016 Conference
- Gunnebo to Showcase Full Suite of Intelligent Cash Deposit Solutions at M-PACT 2017
- Jumia unveils its third white paper on Nigerian Mobile Trends 2017
- QikServe appoints Don DeMarinis as Chief Commercial Officer
- Cayan Announces New Partnership with Aldelo
- Al Nahdi Drives Growth and Insight with Oracle Retail Cloud Services
- Go Coin-and-Cash-Free at Vending Machines