IHOP Restaurants Launches New Online Ordering Platform
GLENDALE, Calif., Nov. 16, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — Today, IHOP® Restaurants announced the strategic expansion of its IHOP ‘N GO® (to-go) platform, which includes a fully-integrated, online ordering system through IHOP.com; delivery test launches with leading providers like Amazon and DoorDash; and the introduction of a mobile app by end of year. The national rollout of the online ordering system builds on a limited test conducted earlier this year when the brand unveiled proprietary packaging specifically designed to protect the integrity of its signature Buttermilk pancakes and other popular all-day breakfast foods during carryout. For a limited time, guests can receive $5 off their first online order of $25 or more when ordering through IHOP.com and using the code IHOPNGO along with a valid email address
The enhanced to-go program affords guests the convenience of enjoying their favorite IHOP menu items on the go, particularly when there isn’t the time or a desire to sit down in the restaurant, but without having to sacrifice great quality. Fueled by guest feedback and demand, IHOP spent close to a year perfecting its program before rolling it out in stages, working to ensure that the IHOP ‘N GO® experience matched the in-restaurant hospitality the brand is known for.
“More and more guests are telling us they want to enjoy the distinctive, freshly-prepared menu items they love at IHOP, but outside of our restaurants and without having to give up the quality they expect from us,” said Darren Rebelez, President at IHOP. “So, we looked at every aspect of our IHOP ‘N GO® business and focused on creating an exceptional guest experience from start to finish. We developed state-of-the-art packaging that keeps our signature foods – like fluffy Buttermilk pancakes – warmer longer; an online ordering system that lets guests customize their meal, just like in an IHOP restaurant; test partnerships with leading delivery companies that we know our guests are using today; and ongoing technology enhancements, like mobile capabilities, to make it effortless to find and order food quickly. As we get ready to celebrate our 60th anniversary in 2018, our expanded and enhanced to-go offering is just one of the many ways we’re looking to best meet the ever-changing needs of our guests.”
Earlier this year, IHOP introduced innovative, patented packaging at select locations; designed to maintain superior food taste and quality, the new packaging is now available nationwide for all IHOP ‘N GO® orders. From fluffy pancakes to crispy hash browns and French fries to freshly scrambled eggs and juicy burgers, the containers keep cooked-to-order meals hot, fresh and intact until eaten. Stand-out features of the IHOP ‘N GO® packaging include:
- Food-Centric Containers: Modular design for maximum food plating, including an interlocking component designed around the brand’s world-famous buttermilk pancakes.
- Quality Pancakes On the Go: Side ventilation traps in heat, but not moisture, allowing pancakes to maintain their fluffy texture.
- Breakfast Staples Kept Warmer, Longer: Patent-pending, nested packaging compartments to ensure food stays warmer for a longer period of time.
- Easy Transport: A box shape and lid design that fits perfectly into an IHOP to-go bag to minimize sliding while food is in transit.
- Combo Meals Made Easy: Sections snap together to hold different items in combo meals securely.
Online ordering is now available through most IHOP restaurants across the U.S. with additional locations being added. Delivery testing with Amazon and DoorDash is scheduled to start at the end of November in select cities in California, Texas, Oklahoma, Washington, and Utah while the mobile app is expected to be available by the end of 2017.
To ensure an exceptional carryout experience, the brand also created a Meals to Go Specialist Certification program, which trains and certifies restaurant staff members to be experts on every touchpoint of IHOP ‘N GO®, from plating to packaging to guest service. Each IHOP restaurant will have at least one team member certified in the program and ready to ensure that every IHOP ‘N GO® order meets the same high-quality standard that guests have come to expect from eating at IHOP.
IHOP ‘N GO®, including the new packaging, is now available at close to 1,700+ U.S. based IHOP restaurants and online ordering for participating restaurants can be accessed via IHOP.com.
*$5 off an online purchase of $25 or more available on first order placed through IHOP.com; must use the code IHOPNGO along with a valid email address. Restrictions apply. Additional information and photos of the IHOP ‘N GO packaging are available by contacting SNewman@devriesglobal.com.
ABOUT INTERNATIONAL HOUSE OF PANCAKES, LLC
For nearly 60 years, IHOP has been a leader, innovator and expert in all things breakfast, any time of day. The chain offers 65 different signature, fresh, made-to-order breakfast options, a wide selection of popular lunch and dinner items as well as meals under 600 calories. IHOP restaurants offer guests an affordable, everyday dining experience with warm and friendly service. Today, there are more than 1,750 IHOP restaurants around the world, including restaurants in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and Guam as well as Canada, Mexico, Guatemala, Panama, Lebanon, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, the United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Qatar, Thailand, India and The Philippines. IHOP restaurants are franchised by affiliates of Glendale, Calif.-based DineEquity, Inc. (NYSE: DIN).
Other Point of Sale News:
- Bell and Howell Says 100th Retail Click-and-Collect Installation of Cleveron’s PackRobot
- Almost Half of Younger Consumers Plan to Spend More During the Holidays
- POSDATA Partners with Futurex to Offer VirtuCrypt Remote Key Injection
- NuORDER Announces eCommerce-Enabled Online Visual Merchandising Solution
- Companies Partner to Enhance People-Based Marketing Campaigns for Omnichannel Engagement
- Consumer problems are up, but corporate complaint-handling improves in 2017
- News America Marketing Signals Next Phase of Strategic Transformation with 6 Appointments
- Canadian Rewards Company Raises $5 Million in Series A Funding
- October Retail Sales Up 4.3 Percent Over Last Year
- Star Micronics Announces First Apple AirPrint POS Printer