Infinite Peripherals Offers Retailers Insights to Capitalize on Mobility Beyond Payments
Mobile solutions streamline operations across the enterprise for greater efficiency and cost savings
ELK GROVE VILLAGE, Ill. –July 13, 2016 – Mobile point-of-sale (mPOS) is revolutionizing retail stores, with projections of 54 million mPOS devices globally by 2019 from 13 million on the market today, according to 451 Research. Thanks to mPOS solutions, merchants and customers benefit from line-busting, decreased cart abandonment and more engagement.
However, mPOS is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the benefits of mobile solutions. Leading enterprise mobility solutions provider Infinite Peripherals, Inc. (IPC) encourages merchants to take advantage of the versatility of mobile solutions beyond payments to improve operations throughout the enterprise, from loyalty programs to staffing and training to inventory management, warehousing and logistics.
“Mobility in retail encompasses much more than simply ringing up purchases,” said Andrew Graham, president of IPC. “Savvy retailers can gain a competitive advantage by maximizing use of mobile solutions throughout their operations, delivering greater efficiency, accuracy and convenience, ultimately boosting sales and increasing the bottom line.”
With solutions in 30 percent of the top 20 U.S. retailers and more than one million mobile solutions on the market, IPC provides retailers with insights on how to leverage mobility in key areas across their organizations:
- Loyalty programs
- A CRM system integrated with mPOS solutions and in-store beacons enables retailers to deliver instant coupons, discounts or special offers to customers’ phones. In addition, associates can check a shopper’s buying history, loyalty reward points and personal preferences for a customized experience.
- Mobile solutions offer real-time inventory visibility on the sales floor and stock management both in-store and in the warehouse. Associates can access inventory to locate another size, color or model for shoppers, and request that a runner bring merchandise to the floor. For out-of-stock items, merchants can deliver an endless aisle by ordering on-the-spot from other stores or the warehouse and shipping directly to the customer.
- In an era of instant gratification demands, accurate inventory data helps minimize lost sales and enhances the customer experience. Merchants also can use mobile units for price changes, merchandise planning, planogram resets and space management.
- Supply chain and logistics
- As consumers’ omnichannel expectations grow, efficiency and accuracy are critical in every transaction. Mobile solutions equip merchants to better manage online orders with in-store pick-up, in addition to returns and exchanges from in-store or online purchases. In the warehouse, a digital inventory process simplifies merchandise ordering and receiving, resulting in more productivity and less overstock and markdowns.
- Furthermore, with fast scanning times, mobility delivers time, cost and labor savings in order picking, labeling, shipping and serial number control. Peripherals that attach to a smartphone or tablet also are easier to use, lighter in weight and more versatile than traditional RFID handheld units, with capabilities to take pictures, record videos and capture signatures.
- Mobile solutions offer clock-in/out features that directly facilitate payroll processing, shift change management and vacation requests. Managers also can communicate to floor staff with instant alerts about sales, special promotions, new inventory and more.
- Loaded with training manuals and videos, mobile units simplify training, with constant access and updates. Incorporating performance goals and reviews into the mobile system also streamlines associate evaluations. The familiar touchscreens and intuitive operation of these devices result in rapid adoption with minimal training required by staff.
Infinite Peripherals Background
The first company to mobilize iOS for enterprise, Infinite Peripherals, Inc. (IPC) is leading the mobility revolution with its enterprise mobility solutions, including the Linea Pro® and Infinea Tab®, which multiple major retailers in the United States have adopted to enhance customer engagement, increase conversion rates and build business. IPC’s NFC-enabled products simplify adoption of new contactless payments, such as Apple Pay™, and its Infinea® BluePad facilitates EMV payments with a contact chip smart card reader and PIN entry. Anticipating trends and pre-empting solutions for a constantly evolving business landscape, IPC’s enterprise mobility products also optimize operations in healthcare, hospitality, transportation, warehouse and logistics, entertainment and security. For more information, please visit ipcmobile.com. Connect with us at facebook.com/infiniteperipheralsinc and twitter.com/infiniteperiph.
Other Point of Sale blogs that may interest you:
- Pizza Hut Announces New Social Ordering Platform
- What Everyone Needs to Know About the Changing Face of Payments
- Agilence Featured in CIOReview for Exceptional Retail Technology
- 2 Percent of Emails Generate 10 Percent of Email-Driven Revenue
- Fazoli’s, The Catering Institute and MonkeyMedia Software Announce Strategic Partnership
- iovation to Host “Balancing Online Security and Customer Experience” Webinar