Ingenico Group Expands mPOS Offer with new Tablet POS Solution for the US Market
The Moby/M70’s open Android OS and consumer friendly design enable organizations to bring innovation, increased flexibility, and an improved customer experience to the US market.
ATLANTA–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Ingenico Group (Euronext: FR0000125346 – ING), the global leader in seamless payment, today unveiled the Moby/M70 tablet point of sale (POS) solution, an EMV pre-certified, turnkey Android-based solution designed to work in a variety of environments and industries in the US market. Running on the Android Nougat operating system (OS), the Moby/M70 boasts a fully open architecture, offering ISVs and developers in the US the ability to create customizable tablet applications that address merchants’ unique business needs. By leveraging the Moby/M70 coupled with Ingenico Group’s mPOS EMV SDK and EMV Gateway, ISVs and developers can achieve faster speed to market with an all-in-one tablet POS solution capable of accepting EMV chip & sign, magstripe and NFC/contactless payments.
“In today’s consumer-driven market, providing an enhanced customer experience is a top priority for merchants of all sizes,” said David Szczepanski, chief operating officer, for Ingenico US. “Businesses are looking to capitalize on the evolution of mPOS solutions to tablets, as they address a broad range of market segments and provide more real estate for enhanced merchant and customer engagement. We’ve designed the Moby/M70 to meet a variety of use cases from small-scale SMBs to large-scale, enterprise-class merchants.”
Driven by the demand for a turnkey, highly customizable solution that enables ISVs to compete in the increasingly competitive tablet POS market, the Moby/M70 leverages an embedded, EMV pre-certified RP457c card reader, allowing ISVs, developers, and merchants to avoid the time and cost associated with meeting and maintaining these certification requirements, an issue plaguing the US since the migration began. Additionally, due to the solution’s open OS, ISVs and developers can push any applications they create through Google Play and other available mobile app stores, making it easy for merchants to download and update the apps needed to run their business.
“When mPOS solutions first entered the market they were generally smartphone based, geared towards SMBs and micro merchants and designed specifically for payment acceptance. Today, the appeal of mPOS has broadened and merchants are looking for much more than just payment acceptance,” said Jordan McKee, Principal Analyst at 451 Research. “Tablet POS has taken the market to the next level by enabling merchants to not only accept payments, but improve other aspects of their business as well. With this evolution of mPOS ecosystem, easy-to-implement solutions that encompass a broader value proposition are now more readily available for businesses of all sizes and types to deploy.”
The solution was designed to fit a variety of merchants’ business needs across different verticals in the US, including retail, hotel and lodging, food and beverage as well as healthcare, among others. Its sleek, modern, consumer-friendly design and white-labelling options make it easy to provide both ISVs and merchants with the flexibility to custom-brand the solution with their own logo in order to enhance brand perception and build brand recognition.
Additional key features of the Moby/M70 include:
- PCI PTS SCR 4.1, EMV Level 1 & 2 and EMV L1 Contactless, Visa payWave & Mastercard contactless certified
- Access to developer-friendly SDKs for ease of integration
- Certified for both contact and contactless EMV with five of the major US processors
- The latest ARM processor: Cortex-A35 Quad Core CPU 1.3 GHz
- 5 megapixel rear-facing camera
- WI-FI 2.4 / 5 GHz (ac) and BT 4.1
- Gorilla Glass with capacitive touchscreen and long battery life (4,160 mAh)
- Full suite of accessories, including a ruggedized rubber case, single-bay and multi-bay chargers as well as hand and shoulder straps
- Additional USB hub that can power the solution as well as connect additional items, such as cash drawers, scanners, printers and Ethernet cables
- Full access to Ingenico Group’s services and support, including a transparent product lifecycle, distribution, repair and warranty
To learn more about the Moby/M70 tablet POS solution, please visit https://ingenico.us/mobile-solutions/tablet-pos/moby-m70.html.
Other Point of Sales News:
- LogiMAT Expands Sales Activities in Turkey
- Mastercard Opens-Up Access to Blockchain API
- Future POS Announces Feature Rich Cloud Based Back Office
- First Data to Acquire BluePay
- Celestica Announces Appointment of Chief Financial Officer
- Dream Payments Launches the Dream Point of Sale for Merchants of All Sizes
- 46.2% Of Toys & Games Will Be Sold Online By 2022
- Mastercard and TCH Partner on Tokenization Solution
- More than half of Americans think fraud is inevitable when shopping online
- North American Bancard Brings Alipay to Main Street Merchants