Ingenico Group Reveals Next-Generation of its Mobile PIN Pad Card Reader
ATLANTA–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Ingenico Group (Euronext: FR0000125346 – ING), the global leader in seamless payment, today announced the launch of the Moby/8500, the latest addition to the company’s suite of mobile point of sale (mPOS) card readers. Featuring a consumer-friendly, innovative design, the Moby/8500 provides a reliable, consistent and secure experience for both the cardholder and merchant. As one of the first mPOS devices to receive the PCI PTS 5.x SRED certification, the Moby/8500 is designed as a secure payment solution for merchants of all sizes and is able to accept all forms of card-based payment, including EMV chip & PIN, EMV chip & sign, magstripe and NFC/contactless.
Coupled with Ingenico Group’s mPOS EMV SDK and EMV Gateway, the Moby/8500 allows ISVs and developers to achieve faster speed to market with a secure mPOS solution. Additionally, the ability to white label the product provides both solution providers and businesses with the option to custom brand the device. The Moby/8500 was designed to help reduce the total cost of ownership (TCO) for merchants, which is achieved by providing an off-the-shelf solution with firmware and keys preloaded and the ability to update the device remotely once it’s in the field.
“Ingenico Group’s goal is to develop and provide solutions that allow merchants to offer the most seamless and convenient payment experiences for their customers,” said David Szczepanski, chief operating officer, Ingenico US. “The Moby/8500 is designed to accommodate merchants of all sizes looking to implement an easy-to-use mPOS solution. With its competitive price point and customization options, the Moby/8500 allows for quick and easy adoption across not only small to mid-size merchants, but tier-one retailers and enterprises as well.”
Throughout the development of the Moby/8500, Ingenico Group consulted with its customers to better understand their needs for a flexible mPOS solution, including an improved lightweight, ergonomic design and flexible mounting options. Additionally, the contactless acceptance antenna was moved to the front of the Moby/8500 so the device could address more use cases and fit new accessories, such as stands, chargers and cases. The device also features a more consumer-friendly look and feel, while still maintaining the features consistent with a robust POS solution.
Key features of the Moby/8500 include:
- Compact (114x64x14.2mm), lightweight (below 90g) form factor which allows for total portability and ease of use
- Large color display (2.4” 320×240 LCD TFT) with a dedicated information bar to inform the merchant about battery level and connectivity status
- Access to developer-friendly SDKs for ease of integration
- Connectivity via USB, Bluetooth 4.2 with Apple™ MFI
- Long-lasting Li-ion 650mAh replaceable battery that supports more than 200 EMV or 400 magstripe transactions over three weeks with Bluetooth configuration, depending on mobile application use
- Compatible with 300+ iOS, Android devices for tablet or smartphone integration
- Familiar and trusted PIN pad-like design, featuring 15 keys including color coded validation, cancel and correction keys
- Certifications for all of the latest industry standards, including: PCI PTS 5.x SRED, EMV L1 & L2 Contact, EMV L1 Contactless, MasterCard Contactless 3.1, Visa PayWave 2.2, Amex Express Pay 3.1, Discover D-PAS 1.0, CUP Quickpass
“With the appeal of mPOS now resonating across a wide variety of business sizes and industries, providers need to offer a range of mobility solutions to satisfy increasingly diverse needs,” said Jordan McKee, Principal Analyst at 451 Research. “By adding the Moby/8500 to its arsenal, Ingenico Group continues to expand its mPOS solution offering to enable businesses of all sizes to break free from the countertop, regardless of industry.”
Other Point of Sale News:
- Vocalink Powers Real-Time Payments Service in the U.S.
- Clarks to Transform Its Retail Planning and Order Fulfillment With JDA
- Rakuten Marketing Releases 2017 Retail Holiday Data; Empowers Marketers with Gift
- Rambus Teams with eftpos for Android Pay in Australia
- Token and Envestnet | Yodlee Announce Strategic Open Banking Partnership
- Hatch Loyalty and CARDFREE Partner to Deliver Combined Customer Engagement Solution
- Tropical Smoothie Cafe Serves Up Enhanced Customer Experience Via New Digital Innovations
- Dunkin’ Donuts’ Perks Week Presented By Masterpass Begins Today
- LightInTheBox Reports 15.6% YoY Sales Growth on ’Singles Day’