JDA Wins Frost & Sullivan Global Company of the Year Award for New Management Strategy
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–JDA Software Group, Inc. today announced it has been named Global Company of the Year for Retail Assortment Management by Frost & Sullivan for its innovative cloud-based JDA Retail.me Assortment Planningsolution, as well as for its advancements in category management through its partnership with dunnhumby, announced earlier this year.
“We have always had the voice of the customer at the forefront when developing assortment management solutions and strategy. This award further validates our approach and innovative vision to enable retailers to align their assortment and store plans with shopper preferences,” said Badri Krishnamachari, vice president, solutions strategy, JDA. “Our innovative retail solutions portfolio taps into digital technologies, such as data science, big data and advanced analytics, to deliver a personalized, customer-centric experience for today’s ever-powerful shopper.”
JDA Retail.me Assortment Planning is one of the first solutions based on Google Cloud Platform, on which all forthcoming technology from JDA will be based. JDA Retail.me replaces clunky, complex spreadsheets with simple, highly visual and online shopping-like workspaces that enable users to think like their customers shop as they are planning. This solution enables planners to align product selection with customer preferences, while maximizing sales, margins and inventory productivity, by aligning purchase plans, ranging and inventory placement with expected local demand through intelligent, data science scoring.
JDA’s partnership with dunnhumby unlocks transformational category management capabilities. The partnership combines the best in consumer insights via dunnhumby with JDA’s space and category management solutions to deliver a first-of-its-kind, one-stop insight and execution capability. JDA recently announced the availability of JDA Assortment Optimization – Powered by dunnhumby, the industry’s first space-aware assortment optimization solution combining dunnhumby’s unique customer data science analytics with JDA’s leading category management capabilities, for a first-of-its-kind offering that will enable retailers to increase customer loyalty, return on inventory and space, and deliver a superior customer experience.
“JDA’s approach to assortment planning is set apart and guided by a clear vision to enable the shift from product- to customer-centric assortments, along with tight integration with a wider portfolio of applications for retail and supply chain planning and execution,” said Martin Hoff ter Heide, lead consultant for Integrated Commerce, Frost & Sullivan. “Further, JDA has made advancements through an expanded partner ecosystem on the data science and category management side, unlocking the voice of the customer to help retailers make the right assortment and space planning decisions. JDA has demonstrated forward-thinking, customer-centric innovation and we congratulate them on their recognition as global company of the year.”
Receiving the Frost & Sullivan Global Company of the Year Award requires a market participant to demonstrate excellence in growth, innovation and leadership. This kind of excellence typically translates into superior performance in three key areas: demand generation, brand development and competitive positioning. These areas serve as the foundation of a company’s future success, and prepare it to deliver on the two criteria that define the Company of the Year Award: Visionary Innovation and Performance and Customer Impact.
- Access the full Frost & Sullivan Report here: Company of the Year Award: Retail Assortment Planning
- Read this solution sheet on how JDA and dunnhumby enable prescriptive, consumer-based insights.
- Watch this video on the future of category management.
- Join JDA and dunnhumby at the NRF BIG SHOW 2018, January 14-16, 2018, in New York City.
- Learn more about JDA Assortment Optimization – powered by dunnhumby
About JDA Software Group, Inc.
JDA Software is the leading provider of seamless supply chain planning and execution solutions for retailers, manufacturers, logistics providers and wholesale distributors. Our unmatched solution portfolio enables our clients to reduce costs, increase profitability and improve visibility so they can deliver on customer promises every time. More than 4,000 global customers run JDA, including 72 of the top 100 retailers, 71 of the top 100 consumer goods companies, and 13 of the top 16 3PLs. With JDA, you can plan to deliver. www.jda.com
Other Point of Sale News:
- CARDFREE Universal API Solution Solves for Omni-Channel
- NCR OPTIC Completes First Outdoor EMV Transaction
- Southern Bank Optimizes Digital Payments to Deepen Customer Relationships
- Walmart, CVS Health and Tommy Hilfiger to Speak at NRF 2018: Retail’s Big Show
- Electronic Transactions Association Announces 2018 Board of Directors
- Luke’s Lobster Hires Gusto Point of Sale as Their Deck-Hand
- NRF Urges House and Senate to Give Final Approval to Tax Reform
- Irisys to Introduce Vector 4D, EM+ Platform at #NRF18
- ATMIA Publishes Compilation eBook Commemorating The People Behind the ATM
- GK Software to Introduce Real-Time Omni-Channel Personalization Driven by AI at Big Show