Kimberly-Clark Looking for Innovators to Create Solutions for Digitally Savvy Consumers
DALLAS, Jan. 4, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — Kimberly-Clark and its Digital Innovation Lab, or D’Lab, has renewed its global call for open-source innovation to help solve the biggest challenges facing the consumer package goods category.
The company’s annual K-Challenge invites the best start-ups, entrepreneurs and makers from around the world to help create consumer-driven technology solutions for its well-known global brands such as Kleenex, Huggies, Depend and Kotex.
“Consumer adoption of new technologies is increasing at an unprecedented rate, and brands must look to the forward edges of innovation to identify new ways to connect with their digitally savvy consumers,” said Scott Usitalo, Kimberly-Clark’s Chief Marketing Officer. “Startups represent a large part of this forward edge and the K-Challenge is an ideal interface for agile entrepreneurs and makers to connect with Kimberly-Clark’s global brands.”
The K-Challenge program is primarily focused on inviting start-ups, entrepreneurs and makers with proven solutions in six key areas:
- Omni-channel Shopper Experiences
- Data & Predictive Analytics
- Content & Media Experiences
- Internet-of-Things/Wearables/Connected Devices
- Supply Chain/Operations Solutions
- Cyber Security
“Today’s consumer wants a personalized approach, not a segmented approach, so we’re applying the principles of maniacal consumer centricity, rich user experiences, and algorithmic capabilities throughout the enterprise to create those connection points across consumer, customer, operations and business services,” said Suja Chandrasekaran, Kimberly-Clark’s Chief Information Officer. “By partnering with technology entrepreneurs through the D’Lab, our brands can more quickly leverage the very best innovation in the market.”
Selected solutions will work on pilot programs with Kimberly-Clark and its brands in one or more of its regions around the world. They will also benefit from Kimberly-Clark’s global CPG experience, distribution, and mentorship to develop their companies further while testing their products on a global scale.
To be eligible for the K-Challenge, a start-up, entrepreneur or maker must have a working tech solution, and be funded at seed level or above. The application deadline is January 17, 2017 for the K-Challenge event to be held in Austin, TX at SXSW (March 8-9, 2017). For applications and more information about the K-Challenge, please visit kcdlab.com.
Kimberly-Clark (NYSE: KMB) and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, nearly a quarter of the world’s population trust Kimberly-Clark’s brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds the No. 1 or No. 2 share position in 80 countries. To keep up with the latest news and to learn more about the company’s 144-year history of innovation, visit http://www.kimberly-clark.com or follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
More news from Pointofsale.com:
- Payment Alliance International Acquires Avery Scott
- Gymboree Gears Up for Next-Gen Customer Engagement with Aptos Point of Sale
- Sutherland Global Services to showcase solutions at #NRF17
- One Step Retail Solutions Signs Asset Purchase Agreement with JD Associates
- RFID Juicier Than Ever! Vitamix Blends With Smartrac #CES17
- APG Cash Drawer Named 2017 Best Channel Vendor
- Retail Integrity Groups New Venture With A New Strategy & Vision For Cpg & Retailers
- Do You Know What Shoppers Really Want? Annual Omnichannel Shopper Survey #NRF17
- Five Below Selected as Finalist in Innovative Retail Technologies Retailer Innovation Awards