Kipling Unveils Interactive Retail Concept At Disney Springs
A digital activation unique to Kipling in Disney Springs is a fun photo booth that has been built into the store’s design and will engage Kipling fans to “snap and share” their customized graphics interchange format photos (GIFs) onto their social channels for a chance to win fun prizes throughout the year and to be featured on Kipling North America’s social media pages.
Adding to the digital experience in-store and beyond is Kipling’s launch of retail bots. Kipling will use messenger technology to chat live with its digital-savvy visitors on their smart phones and with Qr Codes thoughtfully placed throughout the retail space. Scanning a barcode will offer the visitor style suggestions, Kipling fun facts and instant offers. Meanwhile, Kipling fans from afar can learn the latest Kipling news, upcoming retail events in their area, and more.
Opening Event – Kipling in Disney Springs is celebrating the launch of its interactive retail space Friday, May 20 through Sunday, May 22 offering visitors refreshments, a tour of the space and each activation area, and a complimentary Kipling monkey keychain with any purchase of $100 or more while supplies last.
Founded in 1987 in Belgium, Kipling crafts lightweight handbags, luggage and accessories with a playful, Make Happy approach. Through innovative and contemporary designs, Kipling combines quality, function and style, creating the ideal accessory for an active lifestyle. Kipling established itself as a global accessories brand by embodying a carefree sensibility and pioneering the use of its trademark crinkle nylon in expressive colors and patterns. Kipling has headquarters in New York City and Antwerp, Belgium, is distributed in more than 80 countries and is available in more than 5,000 stores globally. Kipling has 12 full-price retail locations in the US and is sold in Macy’s department stores and specialty stores nationwide. www.kipling-usa.com @kiplingusa
ABOUT DISNEY SPRINGS
Disney Springs is a one-of-a-kind Disney experience, treating guests by day and night to great dining, shopping and entertainment amid beautiful open-air promenades, flowing springs and waterfront charm. Offering an air of sophisticated grace and design that harkens to Florida’s waterfront towns at the turn-of-the-century, Disney Springs is home to four distinct, outdoor neighborhoods: The Landing, Town Center, Marketplace and West Side. Nearing completion in 2016, Disney Springs has been undergoing the largest expansion in its history to double the number of shops, restaurants and other venues for guests to explore, which will result in more than 150 establishments. Disney Springs is part of Walt Disney World Resort, the number one family vacation destination in the world, located in Lake Buena Vista, Florida.
Other hot point of sale news:
- Melissa Data Advances Data Quality Integrating ID Verification
- Alliance Data to Provide Branded Credit Card To Forever 21
- Elo Announces New Style-Forward Desktop Touchmonitor Designed for Quality, Reliability
- AFEHC, 20 years attending the #NRAShow
- Conformance Technologies First to Make PCI DSS 3.2 Compliance Validation Available
- Bizfi Begins 2016 with Record Breaking Quarter
- Christie Hamberis, Tracey Boucher of ScanSource Named 2016 Women Of the Channel
- Fifty Percent of CardFlight Merchants Are Now EMV-enabled
Hot bar code and RFID news:
- Digimarc and Barcodes Enhance The Angry Birds Movie
- Janam Partners with ID Card, Delivers Industry’s Most Affordable Virtual Ticket Solution
- IBM Enables abof.com to Bring Personalized Experiences to Millennial Shoppers
- Theresa Wise, CIO Veteran, Joins Impinj Board of Directors
- Need for Accuracy in Data Capture and Storage for the Industrial Barcode Scanner Market
- Kalispell Regional Healthcare Now Uses Plexus TG’s Anesthesia and Medication Management
- Medical Tracking Solutions, Inc., Adds OMNIlife science, Inc. to Client Roster
- Impinj RFID Brings Data To Omnichannel Sales and Fulfillment