Kroger Family of Stores Hiring 14,000 Employees
“We have openings across the country for friendly, hard-working associates to join our team,” said Tim Massa, Kroger’s group vice president of human resources and labor relations. “We are looking for people who are passionate about making a difference for customers and communities – and want to do it in a fun, team environment with great benefits and advancement opportunities.”
Over the last eight years, Kroger has created more than 74,000 new jobs. This figure does not include jobs created as a result of capital investment, such as temporary construction jobs, nor does it include increases due to the company’s mergers.
Kroger’s total active workforce grew by more than 9,000 during 2015. More than 90 percent of the new jobs are in the company’s supermarket divisions, ranging from full-time department heads and assistant store managers to part-time courtesy clerks and cashiers. The company hired more than 7,000 veterans in 2015, and has hired more than 35,000 veterans since 2009.
Every day, the Kroger Family of Companies makes a difference in the lives of eight and a half million customers and 431,000 associates who shop or serve in 2,778 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states and the District of Columbia. Kroger and its subsidiaries operate an expanding ClickList offering – a personalized, order online, pick up at the store service – in addition to our 2,231 pharmacies, 784 convenience stores, 323 fine jewelry stores, 1,387 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is recognized as one of America’s most generous companies for its support of more than 100 Feeding America food bank partners, breast cancer research and awareness, the military and their families, and more than 145,000 community organizations including schools. A leader in supplier diversity, Kroger is a proud member of the Billion Dollar Roundtable.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/kroger-family-of-stores-hiring-14000-employees-300265604.html
- Apple Pay Now Available to Canadian MasterCard Cardholders
- Is Mobile Point of Sale Changing the Retail World?
- Veras Retail to Acquire and Extend JDA Point-of-Sale Solutions
- Roche Bros. Selects Unata for Enhanced eCommerce and Omni-Channel Shopping Experience
- Women in Retail Cocktail Reception to be Held at Shoptalk
- Saks Fifth Avenue to Accept MasterPass
- The ALDO Group Inc. Selects B2B eCommerce to Support Franchise and Retail Stores
- JetPay Announces Diane (Vogt) Faro as Chief Executive Officer
- Cayan Releases Data Showing EMV Doesn’t Have to Slow Down the Customer Experience
- Card-Not-Present Fraud Losses to Exceed $7 Billion by 2020