Kroger Hiring for the Holidays
CINCINNATI, Nov. 9, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — The Kroger Co. (NYSE: KR) today announced that it is hiring for an estimated 14,000 part-time and seasonal roles across its family of companies this holiday season. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply at jobs.kroger.com.
“We are delighted to welcome new associates to our team this holiday season,” said Lanell Ohlinger, vice president of talent development. “At Kroger, we have the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of more than nine million customers who shop with us every day. If you love people and you love…
“We are delighted to welcome new associates to our team this holiday season,” said Lanell Ohlinger, vice president of talent development. “At Kroger, we have the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of more than nine million customers who shop with us every day. If you love people and you love food, our stores are a wonderful place to help make customers’ lives and celebrations easier and a little bit brighter.”
Talent Development is a core driver of the company’s recently-announced Restock Kroger Plan. As part of Restock Kroger, the company plans to invest an incremental $500 million in human capital over the next three years. This will be in addition to Kroger’s continued efforts to rebalance pay and benefits while also focusing on certifications and performance incentives, career opportunities, and training.
“Now more than ever, Kroger is a great place to come for a job and stay for a great career,” Ms. Ohlinger added.
Kroger also remains committed to hiring veterans, military service members and their families. Kroger has hired more than 43,000 veterans since 2009 and more than 9,600 veterans in 2017.
At The Kroger Co., we are dedicated to our purpose: to Feed the Human Spirit™. We are 450,000 associates who serve nearly nine million customers daily in 2,793 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states and the District of Columbia. Our Family of Companies operates an expanding ClickList offering – a personalized order online service – in addition to 2,258 pharmacies, 783 convenience stores, 307 fine jewelry stores, 222 retail health clinics, 1,472 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Our Company has been recognized as one of America’s most generous companies for our support of more than 100 Feeding America food bank partners, breast cancer research and awareness, the military and their families, and more than 145,000 community organizations including schools. As a leader in supplier diversity, we are a proud member of the Billion Dollar Roundtable.
Other Point of Sale News:
- Imports Level Off But ‘Warehouses Are Full’ as Retailers Enter Holiday Season
- 25% Increase in Buy Online, Pickup In-Store Expected This Holiday Shopping Season
- Target Takes On Wal-Mart’s Mobile Plans; Now Offers Free Mobile Services In Stores
- OneView Commerce and Quinyx Partner to Optimise Workforce Productivity for Retailers
- Bluefin Payment Systems Launches PCI-Validated P2PE Sub-Listing Opt for Decryptx Partners
- Five Trends to Watch during Singles’ Day 2017
- APG Cash Drawer Releases Mobile and Cloud Based TCP/IP Technology for…
- New: Companies Can Use Trove of Data from Digital Products to Connect Emotionally
- NCR Partners with Samsung, Unveils All-in-One Commerce Station
- Physical Gift Cards Still Reign Supreme Over Digital Cards – First Data Study