Lightspeed appoints Laith Murad to the role of Chief Marketing Officer
Murad’s marketing strategy will spotlight continual development, customer acquisitions and retention for the tech leader that currently powers more than 45,000 retailers and restaurants and manages $15 billion in global transactions
May 31, 2017 (Montréal, QC) – Lightspeed, the world’s most powerful cloud-based point of sale system for retailers and restaurants, announces the appointment of Laith Murad to the role of Chief Marketing Officer. Murad’s appointment comes in the midst of incredible growth for Lightspeed. In 2016, the retail tech innovator launched its omnichannel product, seamlessly merging in-store POS, eCommerce and mobile, empowering customers to sell anywhere, at any time. Earlier this month, Lightspeed unveiled a beautifully designed, simple-to-navigate website, and announced a new comprehensive data analytics solution to help independent retailers do better business.
With more than 20 years of experience in the industry, Murad joins the Lightspeed team from PIRCH, a luxury retailer with 10 locations in the US, where he served as Chief Marketing Officer. During his time at PIRCH, Murad’s work on the brand won several awards, including Retailer of the Year, the Davey Award for best branding, and others. Prior to PIRCH, Murad served as Vice President, Marketing at Yahoo, where he was focused on growth strategies, as well as customer acquisition and retention. Murad was a member of the Board of Directors at the Direct Marketing Association.
“We are thrilled to welcome Laith to the Lightspeed team as a leader for our marketing and communications divisions, and a champion of our customer-centric approach,” said Lightspeed Founder and CEO Dax Dasilva, “Laith’s vast marketing experience in the retail and technology sectors, make him an exceptional asset to the team as we expand our current marketing strategy and continue to engage thousands of new customers, on a global scale.”
“I am honoured to join Lightspeed at this pivotal time in the company’s global growth,” said Murad, “Lightspeed is a true innovator in the retail tech industry, empowering entrepreneurs, store owners, and restaurateurs with the tools they need to grow, scale and manage a business.”
Lightspeed is the most powerful cloud-based commerce solution for independent businesses, in-store and online. More than 45,000 retailers and restaurateurs processing over $15 billion in transactions annually use Lightspeed to grow and manage their business. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, and Europe, Lightspeed is backed by Accel Partners, iNovia Capital, Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (CDPQ) and Investissement Québec (IQ).
Follow Lightspeed’s latest developments: lightspeedhq.com Facebook.com/LightspeedHQ, Twitter: @lightspeedhq, and Instagram: @lightspeedhq.
More POS news:
- POS Portal and Retail Realm Partner for Easy Delivery of Secure Payment Solutions
- Internet Retailer Recognizes the Two Companies for Achievements in B2B E-Commerce
- ClearSale Presence at IRCE 2017 Aims to Educate Retailers on New Fraud Vulnerabilities
- Global Payments Partners with Hyundai Motor UK to Launch Online Car Buying Platform
- TurnTo Introduces First Truly Open Network to Change Product Ratings and Reviews
- Wirecard Adds Key Executives, Brad Fauss and Kevin Brown, to Fuel Their North America Growth and
- TouchBistro Restaurant Point-of-Sale Raises CDN $16.3 million in Series C Financing
- Shuttle Announces XPC NCO3U Kaby Lake Mini Multi-Use PC for 4K Displays
- SKUlocal Driving More Targeted Redemptions in Grocery Industry
- First Data to Acquire CardConnect