Lowes Foods Launches Market-First Integrated Coupons for eGrocery
Unata and Inmar Integrate Digital Coupons for First Time Ever in Grocery
TORONTO, ON & WINSTON-SALEM, NC – August 8, 2016 – Unata, the award-winning provider of 1-to-1 digital solutions for grocers, and Inmar, a technology and analytics company, today jointly announce a collaboration to integrate digital coupons directly into grocers’ eCommerce and eCircular programs to enable more inter-connected and seamless digital grocery experiences. Lowes Foods is the first grocery retailer to launch this new integrated solution, embedding Inmar’s digital coupons into the Unata-powered eCommerce and eCircular experiences.
Even as Inmar’s shopper behavior research finds nearly 40% of consumers regularly use digital coupons, these offers traditionally are located within their own separate section of a grocer’s website, not allowing shoppers to view or clip coupons while list planning or online shopping. This has left shoppers unable to know which products have associated coupons or how the savings from their clipped coupons will reduce their cart total, making it more difficult for shoppers to save.
To solve these problems, Unata and Inmar have created a brand new integrated experience that includes the following never-been-done-before capabilities:
- Dedicated Coupons section within eCommerce portal: Shoppers can access all coupons in one view within the eCommerce experience, with the ability to filter them by department.
- Coupon pages listing all applicable SKUs: Shoppers can now view all eligible products for each coupon on the coupon page, with the ability to add product to the cart and clip coupons directly from the coupon page.
- Coupons displayed on product pages whenever applicable: Shoppers can now view all available coupons for each product on the product page, with the ability to clip a coupon directly from the product page.
- Digital Coupon suggestions in cart: If a product has been added to the cart for which there is a related, unclipped coupon, it will be displayed in the cart, with the ability to clip the coupon directly in the cart.
- Savings Incorporated into Estimated Total: Once the coupon has been clipped and the required amount of associated products have been added to the cart, shoppers are able to see how the savings reduce the cart total in real time, helping them to better manage their budgets and have a more enjoyable customer experience.
By improving the digital shopping experience and helping shoppers save more, retailers increase shopper satisfaction and improve loyalty while manufacturers gain greater exposure for their coupons.
“This brand new digital coupon experience, as well as our new collaboration with Inmar, are part of our commitment to innovation and to ensuring we keep our retail partners at the forefront of the industry,” says Marc Faucher, Unata COO and CFO. “Moving forward, any retailer that works with Unata will automatically have access to out-of-the-box support for Inmar coupons flowing directly into their eCommerce and eCircular experiences.”
“By working with Unata to enable this transformational solution, we help retailers and brands take full advantage of sales opportunities generated by the growth of eCommerce in the grocery vertical,” says David Mounts, Chairman and CEO of Inmar. “Research by Inmar Analytics shows that online grocery shopping is growing at a rate of 20 percent per year — with that growth accelerating every year. As shoppers look to save time and money when grocery shopping, Inmar and Unata help them do both through an integrated eCommerce experience,” adds Mounts.
“We are very excited to offer our guests this new digital coupon capability,” said Michael Moore, Lowes Foods CMO. “It will simplify our guest’s experience and will empower them to maximize savings on their grocery basket. At Lowes Foods, this is just another step in our rebranding journey and is part of our continuing effort to innovate for our guests.”
Join our webinar for a first look at this industry first live with Lowes Foods, and a discussion about how digital coupons are being changed forever — with Klaus Werner, Trey Moser & Chris Bryson on September 8, 2016 at 2pm ET.
Unata powers the future of grocery shopping by interconnecting all digital retail touchpoints and delivering personalized, seamless and intuitive customer experiences across the path to purchase. Unata enables 1-to-1 eCommerce, eCircular and eLoyalty through its cloud-based, machine learning personalization engine. The award-winning platform is designed specifically for the grocery industry, supports delivery and click-and-collect, and has lead Unata to rapidly expand as the leading 1-to-1 omni-commerce solutions provider for grocery retailers.
Unata currently works with leading regional grocers throughout Canada and the U.S. like Longo’s, Grocery Gateway, Lowes Foods, Raley’s and more. To learn more, visit www.unata.com or follow Unata on Twitter or LinkedIn.
Anyone who has redeemed a coupon, filled a prescription or returned a product, has touched Inmar. We apply technology and data science to improve outcomes for consumers and those who serve them. As a trusted intermediary for over 35 years, we have unmatched access to billions of consumer and business transactions in real time. Our analytics, platforms and services enable engagement with shoppers and patients, and optimize results.
About Lowes Foods, LLC
Founded in 1954, Lowes Foods employs nearly 9,000 people and operates 97 full-service supermarkets in North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia. Locally owned and operated, Lowes Foods is truly a homegrown company committed to bringing community back to the table by providing guests with the freshest and most innovative local products from local farmers and suppliers. The company maintains a strong focus on exceptional attention to their guests. To learn more, visit www.lowesfoods.com or follow Lowes Foods on Facebook or Twitter. Lowes Foods, LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Alex Lee, Inc.
MORE Point of Sale News:
- Contactless POS Retail Transactions to Approach $500 Billion by 2017
- Symphony EYC Names Two New Americas Executives
- BIXOLON Launches High Performance 2” Thermal Transfer Desktop Label Printer with Bluetooth
- Small biz retailers most concerned about cash flow, finds Amex survey
- See’s Candies Chooses New Retail Sales Audit Solution
- DynamicAction Secures 15 Million in Latest of Funding, Forms Alliance with Accenture
- Women In Payments Seminars
- Touch Dynamic Wins RSPA Vendor Award
- RetailNow 2016 – Future POS Receives Two Awards
- IBM Reportedly Looking at Buying Revel