New Mall Locations For Tech-Forward Retail Platform WithMe
SANTA MONICA, Calif., Nov. 14, 2016 /PRNewswire/ — Macerich (NYSE: MAC), one of the nation’s leading owners, operators and developers of one-of-a-kind retail properties in top markets, today announced new common area locations across its portfolio for WithMe. WithMe is the on-demand retail store platform for brands to feature limited-time collections and exclusive products with a customer experience that blends the best of traditional and online shopping.
This first set of breakthrough WithMe hybrid stores will deliver e-tail-to-retail and hard-to-find brands to six Macerich shopping centers beginning this month. These include Los Cerritos Center, Tysons Corner Center, The Oaks, The Shops at North Bridge, Washington Square and Santa Monica Place, where WithMe launched its only inline store with the West Coast debut of Century 21 Department Store in May 2016.
“Macerich is committed to bringing emerging, often digitally native, concepts and new ideas from top retailers to our shopping centers. The interactive experience WithMe delivers to our common areas is a flexible and powerful platform that continues to differentiate our high-performing properties,” said Eric Salo, Executive Vice President and Chief Strategy Officer, Macerich. “The WithMe concept is designed to welcome retail’s next big thing in a matter of days, and will be a tremendous way to add newness and excitement for shoppers, whether they find one or many of these engaging, high-tech ‘stores without walls’ in our common areas.”
Designed to offer online shopping in the real world, WithMe’s state-of-the-art technology creates highly personalized, online and offline shopping experiences thanks to interactive tags, responsive display tables, directional audio and more. The new common area retail platform, ranging in size from 100 to 300 square feet, provides a changing showcase for limited runs of new and exciting store concepts, including the following pre-holiday WithMe openings at Macerich properties:
- Lanai Collection is coming to the common areas at The Oaks and Tysons Corner Center, and just opened at the inline WithMe flagship at Santa Monica Place. These are the first-ever physical stores exclusively dedicated to the two-year-old concept that offers luxurious, casual menswear. This exciting brand was founded by David Ellison, whose family owns the fabled Hawaiian island.
- Also at The Oaks will be the first-ever physical store for Ezekiel, a longtime Southern California clothing brand that has emerged via a community of surfers, skaters, musicians and artists. To date, Ezekiel clothing has been available online and at select specialty and department stores.
- The Tie Bar, a popular online destination for men’s neckwear and other accessories, is coming to Tysons Corner Center. This brand designs its own colorful and stylish products.
- Design-minded Kappa Toys will offer its second-ever store filled with new and classic toys at Tysons Corner Center.
- International purveyor of artist-designed shoes, hard-to-find BucketFeet will open at The Shops at North Bridge in downtown Chicago.
- Sandilake, a purveyor of simple and modern screen-printed looks for kids, is coming to Washington Square.
- The new WithMe locations also will expand the reach of several sought-after brands, including the upscale activewear concept from Australia, Lorna Jane, at The Oaks, Tysons Corner Center and Washington Square; and Urban Outfitters at Los Cerritos Center.
- Also coming to Santa Monica Place in the WithMe common area platform is the retail presence of Wired Magazine.
“WithMe blends the incredible experience of interactive shopping with the urgency of a limited time frame. It’s the way to shop the next big thing before it’s gone,” said Jonathan Jenkins, Founder and CEO of WithMe. “With this rollout of our innovative plug-and-play concept across some of Macerich’s top properties, we are bringing fresh retail ideas and fun, new technology to shoppers across the country.”
WithMe’s adaptable retail platform coming to Macerich common areas brings shoppers a new environment to discover, shop and take or ship merchandise from an always-changing selection of great brands. For leasing information, retail concepts and brands are invited to contact Jason Chen at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-278-5419 x704.
WithMe makes simple and beautiful retail solutions to help brands thrive. WithMe’s retail store platform is an entirely new experience for today’s consumer, enabling shoppers to browse and touch physical goods in-store while easily ordering related products or out of stock items with the option to ship-to-home. The company has been featured in TechCrunch, Forbes, CNBC and Entrepreneur Magazine. Learn more by visiting the WithMe website at with.me.
Macerich, an S&P 500 company, is a fully integrated self-managed and self-administered real estate investment trust, which focuses on the acquisition, leasing, management, development and redevelopment of regional malls throughout the United States.
Macerich currently owns 56 million square feet of real estate consisting primarily of interests in 50 regional shopping centers. Macerich specializes in successful retail properties in many of the country’s most attractive, densely populated markets with significant presence in the Pacific Rim, Arizona, Chicago and the Metro New York to Washington, D.C. corridor. Additional information about Macerich can be obtained from the Company’s website: www.macerich.com read more
Other point of sale news items:
- Stoplift Wins Retail Fraud Award For Anti-Shoplifting Technology
- NMI’s FACe Platform Offers PayFacs Real-Time ACH and Account Updater
- One In Four ‘Less Likely To Visit US’ After Election
- Federal Court Rules That Human Trafficking Lawsuit Against Wal-Mart Suppliers Can Proceed
- U.S. Singles Day Becoming the “Cyber Monday” for Luxury Brands
- Cognizant Cloud-Enables Office Product Leader ACCO Brands’ IT Infrastructure and Builds the Foundation for Digital Enterprise
- Total Merchant Services Ranks Among Top Places to Work on Fortune 100 Lists
- Top 100 Trending Electronics, Toys and Games this Holiday Season by Ugam
- Study: Targeted Online Incentives Drive New and Lapsed Customers to Brick-and-Mortar
- National Retail Federation Show – January 2017 #nrf17 Free pass for retailers