Main Street Softworks Introduces ChipTab® Payment Solution for Bars, Clubs & Restaurants
GAINESVILLE, Fla., March 28, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Main Street Softworks, Inc. today announced its ChipTab® credit card payment solution for bars, clubs and restaurants. ChipTab® lets hospitality establishments and other merchants securely retain customers’ credit card transaction data for later processing, after the final transaction amount is known. The ChipTab® payment solution eliminates the security risks and inconvenience of physically retaining consumers’ credit cards, while maintaining full PCI-compliant card data security. No consumer app installing or enrollment is needed.
The ChipTab® payment solution works with all major credit cards and credit card processors, for EMV (chip) cards, traditional magnetic swipe cards, and contactless transactions, and can be integrated with any point-of-sale system. Transactions made with ChipTab® will qualify for the same interchange rates as if the card were traditionally processed.
With ChipTab®, servers using either a handheld card reader or a stationary card terminal at a POS workstation capture card data when the customer places an initial order. The card can then be immediately returned to the customer, virtually eliminating the risk of misplaced or forgotten cards. Subsequent orders are entered into the POS system as usual. When the customer is ready to depart, the POS system performs a card payment authorization request using the previously captured card data, and the transaction authorization receipt is presented to the customer for tip addition and signature, if desired. Tip adjustments can then be entered via the POS system as usual.
Company representatives will be available April 17–19 in booth 214 at the Electronic Transaction Association’s TRANSACT 18 exposition and convention in Las Vegas.
Main Street Softworks, Inc. is a premier provider of robust, high-performance financial transaction software for businesses of all types and sizes since 2001. Main Street Softworks’ flagship Monetra® payment server software allows merchants to retain independence in their processing service relationships while maintaining the highest levels of data security and transaction performance.
Other Point of Sale News
- Symphony RetailAI Accelerates Growth and Market Momentum
- New for TRANSACT: Integrated Payments/Software and Payment Facilitator Session Tracks
- Mobey Forum Launches Internet of Things Expert Group
- Blockchain Will Reshape Industries Around The World And Eliminate Intermediaries
- New Springbot Exchange Empowers eCommerce SMBs to Compete Against Large Retailers
- Northern Tool + Equipment Rolls Out Intellicheck’s Retail ID Mobile
- NAM to use blockchain technology to power next gen of incentives
- ETA Announces Payments Pitch-Off Startup Competition at TRANSACT
- Kibo Consumer Trends Study: 67% of Shoppers Using Buy Online, Pickup In Store Fulfillment
- Retailers Say Tariffs Will ‘Punish Ordinary Americans for China’s Violations’