Malta Payments Company, Swish, Rebrands as Truevo
Swish Payments Ltd, the Malta-founded card acquirer and payment solutions provider, will be rebranding as Truevo Payments on 1st March 2017.
Founded in 2012, Swish enables European businesses to easily accept payments across various channels, including in-store, online, over the phone and through mobile card terminals. The company also offers Original Credit Transactions for fast and convenient fund transfers to over a billion eligible Visa, Mastercard or Maestro cards around the globe.
“The rebranding decision was taken to avoid confusion in the marketplace with a similarly-named peer-to-peer payment solutions company in Sweden”, says Steve Grech, company CEO.
Grech explains that as a licensed financial institution and a full principal member of Visa and Mastercard, the company is uniquely positioned to provide card acquiring services across multiple channels at very low costs to its clients. “It is our intention to provide merchants with an efficient alternative to the more traditional acquiring solutions provided by banks”.
Under the new name, he says, Truevo will continue to deliver truly holistic payment solutions that facilitate convenient, fast and secure transactions.
Apart from the new trading name and logo, it will be business as usual at Truevo from next month with no other changes for its clients or partners.
Other POS news:
- Masterpass QR Now Live in 7 Markets in Middle East and Africa
- VEON Plans to Roll out Masterpass
- Protecting High-Theft, Openly-Displayed Merchandise in Stores Just Got Easier
- Cross-border e-commerce Considered a Growth Rocket for Sub Saharan Africa Retailers
- Rambus Accelerates Mobile Wallet Adoption with Unified Payment Platform
- Transparency-One Works with Leading Brands to Connect Supply Chain Transparency with Consumer