Manhattan Releases New Manhattan Active Store Solution to Address the Changing Retail Experience Nasdaq:MANH
The role of the store associate is changing rapidly, expanding from pure merchandise transactions toward a focus on engagement, customer experience, micro marketing, fulfillment of buy online, pick up in store orders and direct shipping. Manhattan Active Store Solution is built to support the next-generation sales associate by facilitating personalized, best-in-class service, while simultaneously enabling high-velocity fulfillment for digital sales directly from the store.
Manhattan Active Store Solution provides a comprehensive set of tools to empower today’s store associate and serves as a platform for future innovation. It is designed to enable a seamless flow of activity, helping to manage the entire purchasing process, regardless of the point of origin. Operated by a single transaction engine, the solution features a modern common user interface and is fully responsive across all devices, applications and operating systems, working exactly the same on both mobile and fixed touch screens.
“Today, the store is an extension of the digital experience, and, in our omni-channel retail culture, the concept of the point of sale as a standalone idea or technology is dead. In our view, a transaction is universal, and users should have the ability to initiate or modify a transaction anywhere in the enterprise,” said Brian Kinsella, vice president of product management at Manhattan Associates. “Manhattan Active Store combines Order Management and Point of Sale to create an interconnected, fast and flexible operation that meets and exceeds consumer demands.”
Manhattan Active Store Key Features:
- A single, active experience that works across all types of devices that a store associate uses – whether an iOS handheld, an Android tablet, a Windows touch screen at the cash wrap or a desktop in the back room
- Support for the Microsoft® Windows 10 platform, with pre-certification of industry leading point of sale hardware from HP, including the HP RP9 for cash wrap and the HP Elite x3 for mobile selling, fulfillment and inventory management
- Flexible design that unifies all of the responsibilities of the modern store associate to support the store of the future as a multi-point facility
Manhattan Active Store is a component of Manhattan Active Omni, a solution which, together with Manhattan Active Supply Chain and Manhattan Active Inventory, makes up Manhattan Active Solutions. These solutions deliver seamlessly interconnected software that is always current and can run anywhere, with options for on-premises, private, public, hosted, managed or as a service. They provide easy adaptability to an organization’s unique needs with their ability to flex to support the changing demands of any company and the industry as a whole.
About Manhattan Associates
Manhattan Associates is a technology leader in supply chain and omni-channel commerce. We unite information across the enterprise, converging front-end sales with back-end supply chain execution. Our software, platform technology and unmatched experience help drive both top-line growth and bottom-line profitability for our customers.
Manhattan Associates designs, builds and delivers leading edge cloud and on-premises solutions so that across the store, through your network or from your fulfillment center, you are ready to reap the rewards of the omni-channel marketplace. For more information, please visit www.manh.com.
Other POS News:
- NXP Launches Industry’s Most Power Efficient Global RAIN RFID Chip for Retail Data
- CX DISRUPTORS: A Retail Leaders Guide
- Retail Imports to Keep Growing Through the Summer – NRF
- Lightspeed Announces Comprehensive Data Analytics Tool for Independent Retailers
- Shopgate Enters Australian Market with Best-in-Class Mobile Experiences
- The Howard Company To Exhibit Digital Signage Solutions At #NRAShow
- Point of Sale Acquisition