MasterCard Adds to Global Public Policy Team
Purchase, NY, February 1, 2016 – MasterCard today announced the appointment of Alexander N.M. Niejelow as a senior vice president of public policy, effective February 8, 2016.
In this role, he will drive policy efforts in the areas of cybersecurity and global data management, while also leading the company’s industry partnerships on technology policy issues. In these efforts, Niejelow will work with members of the global public policy and information governance and privacy teams.
Since 2013, Niejelow served as director for cybersecurity policy on President Obama’s National Security Council. He was also chief of staff to the U.S. Intellectual Property Enforcement Coordinator, where he helped coordinate the administration’s efforts to develop and enforce intellectual property and patent policies.
“Alex’s deep understanding of domestic and international cybersecurity threats will help our efforts in working with partners and governments across the globe,” said Tim Murphy, general counsel of MasterCard.
Prior to joining the Obama administration, Niejelow was a senior associate at the Pew Charitable Trusts, where he analyzed and provided recommendations on enhancing the security of the global pharmaceutical supply chain. He worked in the litigation department of Paul, Weiss, Rikind, Wharton & Garrison before joining the Department of Homeland Security in 2010 as a senior advisor on international trade policy and operations.
Niejelow holds a doctor of jurisprudence degree from the University of Pennsylvania Law School and a Bachelor of Arts in political science from Duke University.
# # #
MasterCard (NYSE: MA), www.mastercard.com, is a technology company in the global payments industry. We operate the world’s fastest payments processing network, connecting consumers, financial institutions, merchants, governments and businesses in more than 210 countries and territories. MasterCard’s products and solutions make everyday commerce activities – such as shopping, traveling, running a business and managing finances – easier, more secure and more efficient for everyone. Follow us on Twitter @MasterCardNews, join the discussion on the Beyond the Transaction Blog and subscribe for the latest news on the Engagement Bureau.
MORE Press releases:
- Best Practices Guide Helps Retailers Harness the Power of Push Notification Marketing
- Red Wing Selects BTM Global for Custom Development and Oracle Retail Implementation
- Extracting Customer Insights From Big Data
- Optoro Partners With Groupon to Manage Returned and Excess Inventory
- Epson to Host Second Digital Couture Event During Fashion Week in New York
- MasterCard Incorporated Reports Fourth-Quarter and Full-Year 2015 Financial Results
- Big Banks To Allow Cardless ATM Use This Year
- Herlitz IM Introduces New Seasonality Feature
- Paypal Reports Strong Earnings and Growth