MasterCard Announces President, U.S. Issuers Hub
Purchase, NY, April 5, 2016 – MasterCard today announced the appointment of Raj Seshadri as president, U.S. Issuers. In this new role, she will be responsible for managing and expanding the company’s partnerships with banks and credit unions across the U.S. market.
“Raj brings a unique balance of analytical thinking and business-building creativity,” said Craig Vosburg, president, North American Markets. “Her proven strategic, leadership and customer-oriented capabilities across multiple industries will help MasterCard continue to be a strong partner to our issuers in an increasingly dynamic payments marketplace.”
Most recently, Seshadri was a managing director at Blackrock, leading the company’s iShares U.S. retail ETF business. Under her leadership, the business posted industry-leading growth through product, brand and distribution enhancements. Earlier in her career, Seshadri held roles at Citigroup in global strategy and small business banking; U.S. Trust in marketing, strategy and M&A; McKinsey & Company; and AT&T Bell Laboratories.
Seshadri received a bachelor’s degree from Mount Holyoke College in physics and mathematics, a Masters of Business Administration from Stanford University and a Ph.D. in physics from Harvard University. While at Harvard, she was the recipient of the prestigious Luise Meyer-Schützmeister Award, given annually to the top U.S. female physicist. Seshadri also serves as an adjunct professor at Columbia University, where she teaches marketing of financial services.
“For years, I have seen the impact that MasterCard has made by bringing innovative products and solutions to the market. I look forward to building on that foundation, helping our issuing partners successfully grow their businesses while strengthening relationships with their customers,” said Seshadri.
Seshadri will join MasterCard on April 11 and will become a member of the company’s Management Committee.
# # #
MasterCard (NYSE: MA), www.mastercard.com, is a technology company in the global payments industry. We operate the world’s fastest payments processing network, connecting consumers, financial institutions, merchants, governments and businesses in more than 210 countries and territories. MasterCard products and solutions make everyday commerce activities – such as shopping, traveling, running a business and managing finances – easier, read more…
More, juicy, POS stories:
- MasterCard, Western Union Join bKash
- Verifone and Samsung to Speed Up Merchants’ Ability to Accept Samsung Pay #TRANSACT16
- Expert Platform Harnesses Hyperwallet’s Global Financial Network
- SuperCom Acquires PowaPOS Business
- Cayan Announces New Payment Platform for SMBs and Retailers
- AP Technology Goes Hollywood With Mobile Payments at NACHA and Transact 16 Conf
- Mobify Acquires Pathful to Help Retailers Leverage Shopper Interaction With Content
- First American Payment Systems Partners with UL Transaction Security
- Revention Integrates with TenderCard
- DAVO Technologies Joins Intuit’s QuickBooks Partner Platform, Sales Tax Solution