MasterCard Announces President, U.S. Issuers
Purchase, NY, April 5, 2016 – MasterCard today announced the appointment of Raj Seshadri as president, U.S. Issuers.
In this new role, she will be responsible for managing and expanding the company’s partnerships with banks and credit unions across the U.S. market. “Raj brings a unique balance of analytical thinking and business-building creativity,” said Craig Vosburg, president, North American Markets. “Her proven strategic, leadership and customer-oriented capabilities across multiple industries will help MasterCard continue to be a strong partner to our issuers in an increasingly dynamic payments marketplace.”
Most recently, Seshadri was a managing director at Blackrock, leading the company’s iShares U.S. retail ETF business. Under her leadership, the business posted industry-leading growth through product, brand and distribution enhancements. Earlier in her career, Seshadri held roles at Citigroup in global strategy and small business banking; U.S. Trust in marketing, strategy and M&A; McKinsey & Company; and AT&T Bell Laboratories. Seshadri received a bachelor’s degree from Mount Holyoke College in physics and mathematics, a Masters of Business Administration from Stanford University and a Ph.D. in physics from Harvard University. While at Harvard, she was the recipient of the prestigious Luise Meyer-Schützmeister Award, given annually to the top U.S. female physicist.
Seshadri also serves as an adjunct professor at Columbia University, where she teaches marketing of financial services. “For years, I have seen the impact that MasterCard has made by bringing innovative products and solutions to the market. I look forward to building on that foundation, helping our issuing partners successfully grow their businesses while strengthening relationships with their customers,” said Seshadri. Seshadri will join MasterCard on April 11 and will become a member of the company’s Management Committee. Read more…
Other Point of sale and payments news:
- Thanx Launches Branded Mobile Apps for Restaurants and Retailers
- Creditcall Announces Remote Key Injection Process
- World’s first sub-micro miniature fingerprint scanner inside a credit card to be launched at #PaymentsSummit
- New Product Publishing Solution For SMB Multichannel Retailers
- Verifone Announces Carbon Point of Sale device
- Mobile Checkout Creator Appointed to Brain Trust Panel
- Imagine 2016 Heads to Las Vegas April 11-13
- Retail and Apparel Industries to Discuss RFID’s Benefits at #RFIDLIVE
- MasterCard and World Vision to Address Key Issues Facing Humanitarian Sector
- Multi-factor Transaction Identity Verification Partnership Announced