Cardholders Support Stand Up To Cancer by Raising Millions During Dine Out Campaign
Seventh consecutive year of collaboration brings total funds raised to over $35MM to fight cancer in the U.S.
PURCHASE, NY– August 18, 2016 – This summer, Mastercard cardholders came together for a great cause showing once again that the time you spend dining with family and friends is truly priceless.
For the seventh consecutive year, Mastercard collaborated with Stand Up To Cancer® and invited cardholders to give back through the simple act of dining out and share their #Reasons2StandUp. During the campaign period this summer, Mastercard made a donation to SU2C every time cardholders spent $10 or more for a qualifying meal using their Mastercard card.
Today, Mastercard announced that thanks to its cardholders, it reached its goal, this year, of raising $4 million for Stand Up To Cancer (SU2C) through its annual Dine Out campaign. To date, these annual campaigns, have raised more than $35MM towards cancer research in both the U.S. and Canada.
“The movement that Stand Up To Cancer has created is something we at MasterCard are honored to help advance,” says Raja Rajamannar, chief marketing and communications officer, Mastercard. “A special thank you to our cardholders, issuing banks and restaurant partners, and of course our friends at Stand Up To Cancer, who have all proven the profound impact of bringing people together to support a Priceless Cause.”
This summer, Mastercard cardholders also had the chance to have one-of-a-kind dining experiences through the Priceless® Table program, which delights consumers with upscale culinary experiences in the most unexpected venues in the cities they love. 100% of the ticket sales from select Priceless Tables were donated to Stand Up To Cancer to help support translational cancer research.
“We are tremendously grateful to Mastercard for its long-term collaboration and incredible commitment towards the fight against cancer,” said Stand Up To Cancer Co-Founder Rusty Robertson. “This campaign with Mastercard has brought millions of people together to unite against one cause and has shown that by harnessing the power of bringing people together, we are well equipped to fund accelerated, innovative cancer research.”
More Point of sale news:
- Seiko Instruments Launches New MP-A40 Series Mobile Printers
- Enhanced Retail Solutions Enables Separation of Fred Meyer and Kroger…
- Anton Wurr Joins Sterling Payment Technologies as Marketing Executive
- Walmart Has A Huge Crime Problem Says Bloomberg News; Taxpayer Suffers
- Great Northern And Shelfbucks to Expand In-Store ‘SmartDisplays(TM)’ for Retailers
- US Payments Forum to Explore EMV Chargeback Best Practices in September Webinar
- ClearSale Adds Real-Time Biometric Tools to Its E-commerce Fraud Solution
- EMVCo Streamlines Approval Process for Mobile Payment Devices
- Retail Technology Veteran Daniel Burch Joins OneView Commerce
- E-Complish Enhances Small-Business Payment Capabilities With DirectPay by Phone Solution