Mastercard Launches Several New APIs for Developers Hub
The enhanced suite of APIs includes new offerings focused on Masterpass QR, spend alerts and controls, Qkr! with Masterpass and chatbot solutions
Purchase, N.Y. – June 27, 2017 – To meet the growing business demand for consistent, seamless and secure commerce, Mastercard Developers has released several new APIs to supply financial institutions, merchants and digital solutions providers with the tools they need to enable payments on new platforms.
Through its API platform, the company is providing access to more than 40 proprietary payments, data and security products and services for easy integration into innovative digital solutions.
In the U.S., FreshDirect®, Subway® and The Cheesecake Factory are payment-enabling chat bots with Facebook Messenger using the Masterpass Chatbot API. Uber and Lyft are making it simple for drivers to collect their pay in near real time through on-demand payroll services powered by Mastercard Send APIs. U.K. gastro pub chain Young’s Pubs are integrating the Qkr! with Masterpass to allow diners to pay for food, start a tab and split their bill without having to wait in line or for a restaurant server.
The newest solutions available on Mastercard Developers range from helping businesses gain insights on their performance in the era of IoT to digitizing the ways in which their consumers shop and manage personal finances. Mastercard has also added to the New & Experimental API category within the Mastercard Developers platform, enabling partners to test the very latest in technologies and applications.
“We’re focused on making it simple for our partners to create enhanced payments experiences without having to reinvent the wheel,” said Oran Cummins, senior vice president, API. “By giving them the access they need to explore and build new technologies, we can scale our solutions with greater speed.”
Some of the latest APIs enable the ability to:
- Accept cashless payments from their customers’ smartphones by simply scanning a Masterpass QR code at any Masterpass QR-accepting merchant location.
- Provide cardholders the ability to manage how, when and where their card is being used by setting decline and alerts rules with Spend Controls and Spend Alerts.
- Speed up service in restaurants and retailers through the Qkr! with Masterpass mobile order-ahead and payment platform.
- Begin to test chatbot technology and enable commerce within their own branded solutions across multiple channels and digital platforms using Masterpass Chatbot.
Mastercard (NYSE: MA), www.mastercard.com, is a technology company in the global payments industry. We operate the world’s fastest payments processing network, connecting consumers, financial institutions, merchants, governments and businesses in more than 210 countries and territories. Mastercard products and solutions make everyday commerce activities – such as shopping, traveling, running a business and managing finances – easier, more secure and more efficient for everyone. Follow us on Twitter @MastercardNews, join the discussion on the Beyond the Transaction Blog and subscribe for the latest news on the Engagement Bureau.
Other POS News:
- NEW CARD SECURE SMARTPHONE APP ELIMINATES ID THEFT & FRAUD
- Enspire Commerce Selected by American Freight Furniture to Transform the Retailer’s Customer Experience
- Global Payments Expands Ecommerce and Omnichannel Offerings
- TCPOS Readies POS Solution for North America Hospitality and Food Service Market
- NRF PROTECT to Honor Law Enforcement, Loss Prevention Experts
- First Data Introduces Local Payments Solution to Power Cross-Border Global Commerce
- Quri Announces Partnership with BeMyEye, Europe’s Leading Mobile Crowdsourcing Business