MasterCard Will Bring Apple Pay to Customers in Hong Kong
HONG KONG, June 14, 2016 – MasterCard today announced it will bring its Hong Kong customers and card holders Apple Pay, which transforms mobile payments with an easy, secure and private way to pay that’s fast and convenient.
MasterCard is working with major card issuing institutions, including BOC Credit Card (International) Limited, DBS Bank, Hang Seng Bank, HSBC, Standard Chartered and The Bank of East Asia, to enable their customers to use their MasterCard credit cards with Apple Pay.
A recent MasterCard survey indicated that Hong Kong consumers are embracing mobile payment technologies. Nearly three-quarters of local shoppers (74 percent) are likely to use digital wallets with their mobile phones in the next year.
“Based on our latest research, Hong Kong consumers have shown an appetite for mobile shopping and it is encouraging to see members of the general public embrace new payment technologies,” said Hiang Choong, division president, Hong Kong, Macau & Taiwan, MasterCard. “MasterCard is committed to enabling a seamless, faster and safer shopping experience for consumers. With Apple Pay, local shoppers’ expectations for safety, speed and convenience can all be addressed.”
Security and privacy is at the core of Apple Pay. When you use a credit card with Apple Pay, the actual card numbers are not stored on the device, nor on Apple servers. Instead, a unique Device Account Number is assigned, encrypted and securely stored in the Secure Element on your device. Each transaction is authorized with a one-time unique dynamic security code.
Apple Pay is easy to set up and users will continue to receive all of the rewards and benefits offered by credit cards. In participating stores, Apple Pay works with iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone SE and Apple Watch.
Online shopping in apps accepting Apple Pay is simple, without needing to repeatedly fill out lengthy account forms or type in shipping and billing information. When paying for goods and services within apps, Apple Pay is compatible with iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone SE, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 4 and iPad Pro. Read more…
- 66 Percent of Shoppers Agree Delivery Experience is Decisive Factor When Shopping Online
- ARCA Acquires Mavimec S.r.l., Prosecure S.r.l. and Sumotec S.r.l.
- Netsurion and POS Solutions Partner on Security and PCI Compliance
- Partnership to bring Gamification to Loyalty Programs for Global Brands
- Point of Sale Fraud At the Gas Pump Is Reduced With Visa’s Intelligent Analytics
- Virtual Reality Company For Retail Opens East Coast Office
- Salesfloor Storefront(TM) Redefines the Role of In-Store Sales Associates
- Ingenico Group and nanoPay Corporation Partner to Enable Canadian Retailers to Accept MintChip Digital Cash
- Wirecard Enables Alipay Payments at Munich Airport
- Cause Mobile Wallet Appoints Eric Choi as President, Unveils New Features