Saks Fifth Avenue to Accept MasterPass
PURCHASE, N.Y. –May 9, 2016 — More consumers will be able to check out quickly and securely now that Saks Fifth Avenue, one of the world’s premiere luxury retail destinations and Poshmark, the largest social commerce marketplace for buying and selling fashion, plan to accept MasterPass by MasterCard, MasterCard announced today. NAB Velocity, the omnichannel payments platform from North American Bancard, will also offer the digital payments platform to its customers starting later this year.
MasterPass is a simple, convenient, trusted digital platform that provides a fast, safe shopping experience at thousands of online merchants. It enables consumers to pay for the things they want with the security they demand, online or mobile, using any device. The platform securely stores payment and shipping information, which is readily accessible when a consumer checks out using the, “Buy with MasterPass” button and logs into their account.
“MasterPass continues to gain acceptance momentum across merchants in all categories, whether through direct relationships like we have with Saks Fifth Avenue, or through key partners like NAB Velocity,” said Michael Cyr, group executive, U.S. Market Development, MasterCard. “With increased acceptance of MasterPass, more consumers can go online, place their order and pay with just a couple of clicks. The burden of entering delivery and billing information is eliminated, further enhancing the shopping experience.”
With device-based digital commerce growing and smart devices becoming the new first-stop shopping channel for consumers, MasterPass can help retailers of all sizes and across all channels deliver the best possible experience for their customers.
“The Saks Fifth Avenue customer experience is extremely important to us, whether in our stores or online,” said Dion Rooney, EVP, HBC Digital. “MasterPass is an integral component of providing our customers with seamless and secure shopping at Saks.com.”
U.S. consumers can sign up for a MasterPass account by visiting the MasterPass website or through a participating bank. Launched in 2013, MasterPass by MasterCard is free, easy to set up, and accepted anywhere you see the “Buy with MasterPass” button. It is currently available in 29 countries and is accepted at 270,000 merchants globally. For a list of MasterPass accepting retailers in select markets, please visit www.shopnow.masterpass.com.Read more…
More news from Pointofsale.com
- JetPay Announces Diane (Vogt) Faro as Chief Executive Officer
- Cayan Releases Data Showing EMV Doesn’t Have to Slow Down the Customer Experience
- Card-Not-Present Fraud Losses to Exceed $7 Billion by 2020
- Revention Releases Full Service Module
- Elo Launches New Elo Elite Audio Visual Partner Program
- CART Releases New eCommerce Buying Guide For Supermarket Retailers
- Mobilize Automates Segmentation, Personalization through Partnership with Sagarmatha
- NitroSell to Sponsor Retail Management Hero (RMH) Education Track at #RRC16
- LOC Certification of Elo Touchscreens Enhances In-Store Digital Touchpoints for Grocers
- Howard Company To Display Line of Digital Signage at #NRAShow
- DynamicAction Discusses Future of Artificial Intelligence In Retail At #Shoptalk 2016
- Bump Club and Beyond Launches National VIP Parent Perk Program