MasterPass by MasterCard to Make Booking Travel Even Easier for JetBlue
PURCHASE, NY —January 26, 2016—MasterCard added JetBlue as its latest merchant to accept digital payments with MasterPass. MasterPass will be available later this year on the airline’s website and mobile app, giving customers the opportunity to speed the booking experience.
With MasterPass, shoppers can pay for the things they want at thousands of merchants with the security they demand, anywhere online or in app, using any device. The wallet securely stores shoppers’ preferred payment and shipping information which is readily accessible when they click on the “Buy with MasterPass” button and sign into their account.
“Planning a getaway with JetBlue is exciting and something to look forward to,” said Michael Cyr, group executive, U.S. Market Development, MasterCard. “With your payment credentials securely stored in MasterPass, the toughest thing you’ll have to do is decide where you want JetBlue to take you.”
“We are always looking for new ways to offer customers a great experience at every step in their travel and that starts with booking your flight,” said Mike Stromer, vice president digital loyalty and customer insights, JetBlue. “MasterPass adds a fast and simple way to complete a booking, and we look forward to adding it into our mobile app and online experience later this year.”
Accepting MasterPass by MasterCard on JetBlue’s online and in-app properties expands the relationship between the two companies. In October 2015, JetBlue announced that MasterCard would be its network partner for its co-brand portfolio.
U.S. consumers can sign up for a MasterPass account by visiting the MasterPass website or through a participating bank. Launched in 2013, MasterPass by MasterCard is free, easy to set up, and available anywhere you see the “Buy with MasterPass” button. It is currently available in 29 countries and is accepted at 250,000 merchants globally.
MasterCard, www.mastercard.com, is a technology company in the global payments industry. We operate the world’s fastest payments processing network, connecting consumers, financial institutions, merchants, governments and businesses in more than 210 countries and territories. MasterCard’s products and solutions make everyday commerce activities – such as shopping, traveling, running a business and managing finances – easier, more secure and more efficient for everyone. Follow us on Twitter @MasterCardNews, join the discussion on the Beyond the Transaction Blog and subscribe for the latest news on the Engagement Bureau.
Other POS news and resources:
- Zaxby’s Chooses the Newly Upgraded Gift Card Program
- MasterPass by MasterCard to Make Booking Travel Even Easier for JetBlue
- New Bottle Cap Protection for Retail Spirits From Checkpoint Systems
- Toshiba Promotes Adrian Fuentes-Sanabria to Vice President of International Sales
- USA Technologies Acquires VendScreen Assets
- APT Announces Release of APT Engage with MasterCard Insights
- Verifone to Acquire AJB Software
- Verifone to Deliver End-to-End, EMV-Ready Solution to Dynamics Customers
- In-Store Beacons: Beam Me Down A Recipe Scotty
- Elo Expands Retail Self-Service With EMV & NFC-Enabled Payment Solution
- MyECheck to Provide Government Payment Services for General Payment Systems
- U-Vend, Inc. Announces Opening of Custom Kiosk and Product Supply Depot in Las Vegas
- China’s E-Commerce Giant JD.com selects Experian for world-class fraud protection
- First American Payment Systems Acquires ISO Portfolio from Chase Commerce Solutions
- Equinox and Acceo Partner to Deliver Integrated Retail Payment Solution
- POS Pancakes? IHOP Offers Free Pancakes For 11th Annual National Pancake Day