Masterpass speeds checkout for Costco shoppers in Canada
July 25, 2017 – TORONTO – Mastercard today announced that Masterpass will be live in the coming weeks at Costco.ca for Canadian shoppers. Costco joins a rapidly expanding roster of online merchants including Air Canada, Joe Fresh, Pizza Pizza, Indigo, Landmark Cinemas and London Drugs offering fast, easy and secure digital payment with Masterpass.
“Canadians are increasingly shopping online and expect an experience that is fast, convenient and secure,” said Iain McLean, Senior Vice President, Canada Market Development at Mastercard. “With Masterpass available at Costco.ca, members get the checkout experience they have come to expect with Masterpass, plus the excellent offers available from Costco.”
Costco’s offering of Masterpass at Costco.ca follows a 2014 announcement of Mastercard as the exclusively accepted credit network at Costco Wholesle Canada’s 97 warehouses and the introduction of the Capital One Mastercard exclusively for Costco members.
Masterpass stores all payment information, including card details from Mastercard and other payment networks, and shipping information, in one convenient, secure place. All purchasing information is readily accessible when shoppers click on the Masterpass button at checkout and sign into their account. Canadians can sign up for an account at www.masterpass.ca.
Mastercard (NYSE: MA), www.mastercard.com, is a technology company in the global payments industry. We operate the world’s fastest payments processing network, connecting consumers, financial institutions, merchants, governments and businesses in more than 210 countries and territories. Mastercard products and solutions make everyday commerce activities – such as shopping, traveling, running a business and managing finances – easier, more secure and more efficient for everyone. Follow us on Twitter @MastercardCAnws, join the discussion on the Beyond the Transaction Blog and subscribe for the latest news on the Engagement Bureau.
Other POS News:
- Toast POS raises $100 Million – Boston Business Journal
- Compeat Acquires Ctuit with Serent Capital Backing and Announces Leadership Team
- Crane Co. Strengthens Connectivity Portfolio with Acquisition of Microtronic AG
- Retailers Urge Senate to Move Forward with ACA Repeal
- Retailers Call Bill Blocking Online Sales Tax ‘Opposite Direction of Fairness’
- Utimaco Hardware Security Modules Achieve Payment Card Industry Compliance
- POS PARTNERS, INC. HAS BEEN SELECTED AS THE POS SOLUTION PROVIDER FOR LOURDES HEALTH SYSTEM