Mercatus Introduces Digital Coupons to Industry-Leading Integrated Commerce Platform™
TORONTO – March 14, 2018—Mercatus, a leading provider in digital solutions for grocery, today announced that its latest platform enhancements now support digital coupons, allowing shoppers to more conveniently maximize their savings when ordering online.
In addition, the company also announced that the Mercatus Integrated Commerce Platform™ now supports item-level substitution, as well as the ability for shoppers to rebuild shopping baskets from past orders.
Coupon-Clipping for the Digital Age
Electronic integration of digital promotions allows forward-thinking grocery retailers to bring a new level of service to their customers. By delivering digital coupons directly to shoppers, Mercatus aims to make the shopping process—whether in-store or online—more seamless, more personalized, and more convenient. Out of the box, the new digital coupon offering integrates with the leading coupon platforms, including Inmar and Quotient, to create a sophisticated network of the best possible promotions available to customers.
“Our new releases are all about creating a more compelling experience for shoppers that will attract and retain customers as competition intensifies in the grocery space,” said Sylvain Perrier, president and CEO, Mercatus. “We all love savings, but today’s time-starved shoppers no longer want to manually clip coupons in the way they used to. Instead, they want to be able to do this at the touch of a button, allowing them to move on more quickly with their busy lives.”
Whether the grocery order takes place through click and collect or delivery, customers will be presented with all available digital coupons for that time period, along with any other offers that involve the additional purchase of other products.
“Our goal has always been to find ways to better serve shoppers and save them time and money, and the ability to clip and instantly redeem digital coupons in store and online is just another way we’re helping to achieve this,” Perrier said. “We want to ensure consumers have instant access to the best discounts, however and whenever they need them.”
Empowering Retailers to Deliver Greater Value
Major grocery retail players continue to raise the bar when it comes to the multi-channel shopping experience. Likewise, Mercatus has released additional new features to help regional and independent grocers gain access to the tools and technology they need to provide greater value and convenience to today’s increasingly demanding shoppers. These platform enhancements include:
- Item level Substitutions – This new feature is designed to provide more control and flexibility to shoppers by allowing them to specify their exact substitution preferences for each individual item, rather than for their order as a whole.
- Rebuild from Order History – Grocery shopping can be repetitive, but with this new feature shoppers are able to start a new order by simply reusing any of their previous orders. With just a few clicks, they can make a full reorder and then add or remove items as they choose. By comparing rebuilt orders against in-store item availability, order picking efficiency dramatically increases by 25% and order through-put increases by 50%.
To learn more about the Mercatus Integrated Commerce Platform™, including the latest product enhancements, stop by Booth #14 in the Grocerytalk Discovery Zone next week at Shoptalk, March 18-21, at the Venetian in Las Vegas.
Mercatus is redefining the digital experience within grocery. The company’s purpose is to empower grocers to create best-in-breed shopping experiences for their customers, and it is dedicated to revolutionizing the way grocers approach digital. Mercatus helps leading North American grocers integrate with multiple technology partners to deliver exceptional in-store and online shopping experiences.
Other Point of Sale News
- Star Micronics Teams up with Slatwall Commerce to Provide eCommerce Platform
- TNS Launches 4G Roaming Support For Mobile POS Terminals
- Checkpoint Systems Launches Universal AutoPeg
- Checkpoint Systems Debuts Solutions That Leverage the Power of RFID to Increase Sales
- Retail Jobs Increased by Over 46,000 in February
- TEAMSABLE POS Collaborate With ID TECH to Deliver EMV Compliant POS Terminals to Resellers
- Countdown to the Grand Launch of Next Generation ATM Architecture
- LendingPoint Launches Merchant Solutions Platform to Help Retailers Increase Sales
- Deploying the right technologies is essential for retailers to survive, says GlobalData
- The Greatest ATM Show on Earth: ATMIA targets 1250 registrations for US ATM event