Mobeewave Announces Global Partnership Agreement with Samsung
Montreal, February 22, 2018 – Mobeewave today announced that they have signed a global partnership agreement with Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. that will allow Mobeewave to offer its patented in-person contactless payment acceptance solution on Samsung devices. The solution enables people to accept payment from a contactless card or mobile wallet using only their phone – essentially turning a smartphone into a payment terminal. Under the terms of the agreement, which came into effect on January 1, Mobeewave’s solution will be available for commercial use on Samsung flagship devices in targeted markets around the world.
Mobeewave’s solution makes it possible to accept payment from a contactless card or mobile wallet without the need for external hardware. Designed with an emphasis on security, this patented technology encrypts personal user information and ensures no sensitive data is saved on the device. It will be available for commercial use on the Samsung Galaxy S7, S7 edge, S8, S8+ and Note8.
Mobeewave provides its acceptance technology as a white-label solution to financial institutions and network providers around the world for use in their own apps. This allows them to offer their customers a branded, inexpensive and convenient alternative to traditional POS and mPOS offerings. It also enables such organizations to reach otherwise unserved small and medium-sized businesses.
“At Samsung, we are focused on delivering customer value and enabling digital transformation. We achieve this by fostering a solution partner ecosystem with innovative and industry leading partners.” said Sean Kae, Executive Vice President of Global B2B Service Group, Mobile Communication at Samsung Electronics. “Through our partnership with Mobeewave, we look forward to providing our joint customers with a more simple and convenient mobile POS experience.”
“We’re delighted to partner with a true innovator like Samsung,” stated Maxime de Nanclas, COO and co-founder of Mobeewave. “Providing our patented contactless payment acceptance solution through Samsung’s flagship devices will enable merchants in markets around the world to enter the digital economy.”
In an increasingly cashless world, Mobeewave enables people to accept money in person using just their phones. Since its creation in 2012, the Fintech startup has been a pioneering force in the mobile payment space and has created a patented solution to allow anyone to easily and securely accept payment. Mobeewave, an award-winning company, is now growing rapidly with key deployments in a number of markets around the world.
Other Point of Sale News
- CoinOut and Epson Announce Collaboration Following CoinOut’s Success on Shark Tank TV Show
- Greenlight Raises $16 Million Series A Financing and Announces New Strategic Partnerships
- Nexo Standards and FIS Sign Agreement for Test Solution
- NMI Agrees to Acquire Creditcall to Expand EMV and Omnichannel Capabilities
- Survey Reveals How U.S. and Canadian Shoppers Compare to the Rest of the World
- ATMIA Partners with New Global ATM Research
- January Retail Sales Continue Strong After Holidays, Up 5.4 Percent Over Last Year
- New MotionMeter App Enables Warehouses to Easily Identify Hidden Causes of Waste
- 4 Ways to Increase Your Restaurant’s Profit on Valentine’s Day
- How to break into e-commerce in the Age of Amazon?
- Conformance Ramps up Battle Against False-Front Merchants with TransactionTrap