Mobify Acquires Pathful to Help Retailers Leverage Shopper Interaction With Content
Founded in 2011, Pathful helps retailers and B2B customers understand how visitors interact with content, capturing micro interactions on the web as well as with desktop and mobile devices to surface content that engages with customers and increases conversions. Pathful machine algorithms are able to generate and analyze 25 times the data of Google Analytics for unparalleled on-page insights. The technology is being integrated with Mobify’s Mobile Customer Engagement Platform, enabling retailers that use content marketing and marketing automation to acquire and qualify customers by understanding the entire customer journey, from acquisition through conversion.
Pathful is Mobify’s second recent acquisition, following its purchase of Dónde, a Chicago-based provider of location-aware mobile technology in December. The ability to provide individualization based on multiple contexts including location and behavioural data in order to deliver highly relevant content increases the competitive advantage of Mobify’s Mobile Commerce and Engagement Platform. Mobify was named a leader in The Forrester Wave™: Mobile Commerce And Engagement Platforms Q1 2016 report.
Pathful’s team have joined Mobify, including co-founders Boris Lau as Senior Software Engineer and Campbell Macdonald as an advisor.
According to Mobify CEO Igor Faletski, “We’re very pleased to welcome Campbell and Boris and their team and to introduce Mobify customers to Pathful’s exciting technology. With more insights into the needs and wants of online and retail audiences, Pathful’s advanced machine learning technology makes intelligent mobile marketing automation a breeze.”
While alternative approaches to content analytics show page views and other vanity metrics, Pathful captures how visitors interact with content to understand the entire customer journey, from acquisition through to conversion, surfacing the most valuable insights to enable marketers to take action to drive results.
One Pathful customer wanted insight into how the content on each page of its site was performing and to understand why so few visitors were converting into customers. Pathful was able to show:
- how each visitor interacted with content throughout their entire lifecycle, capturing mouse movement, touch, pinch and zoom, as well as analyzing the page structure
- how visitors arriving from organic search channels were 2.1x more likely to convert to a new product trial than the average website visitor
- which content improvements would contribute most to conversions and how marketing designs, newsletters, messaging, and other programs could be more effective at getting attention and conversions.
Integrating content-specific data collection into the Mobify platform will improve the ability for retailers and other B2B customers to present more individualized content in Mobify-powered experiences.
A Techstars 2013 company, Pathful received funding from Foundry Group, Angel List, Drummond Road Capital and G2T3V.
Mobify delivers technology and services that help companies engage connected consumers to increase revenue online and in-store. Mobify’s mobile customer engagement platform creates powerful mobile web and native applications and delivers the latest mobile push notification and location-based technology across all mobile devices. Delivered via the cloud and implemented with on-page tag technology that minimizes IT involvement, Mobify has more mobile experience and expertise than any traditional technology vendor, ensuring the best possible mobile experience and revenue outcomes. Innovative companies around the world have chosen Mobify, including Ann Taylor, Crocs, Carnival Cruises, Bosch, Superdry, Eddie Bauer, Tommy Bahama and Beyond the Rack. Learn more at www.mobify.com or follow us on Twitter @mobify.
Other hot news on www.Pointofsale.com:
- Cayan Announces New Payment Platform for SMBs and Retailers
- AP Technology Goes Hollywood With Mobile Payments at NACHA and Transact 16 Conf
- First American Payment Systems Partners with UL Transaction Security
- Revention Integrates with TenderCard
- DAVO Technologies Joins Intuit’s QuickBooks Partner Platform, Sales Tax Solution
- ScanSource POS and Barcode Announce New Relationship With Bluebird
- WeChat Payment now accepted on Vexilor POS, powered by Givex
- New Intelligence Service Helps Retailers Identify and Respond to Amazon Threat
- SelbySoft Certifies Elo to Streamline Point-of-Sale for Coffee and Pizza Retailers
- Bridg Reveals a Free, Marketing-Focused Customer Analysis Tool for Restaurants
- Digital Commerce Transactions To Reaching $8 Trillion by 2020
- Pointofsale.com Media Kit and Editorial Calendar