Mobify and Google to Detail How Retailers Benefit From New PaymentRequest Web Technology
VANCOUVER, BC–(Marketwired – Jul 18, 2016) – Mobify and Google are teaming up for a live, 30-minute webinar on Google’s PaymentRequest technology, which will be an integrated part of the Mobify Mobile Customer Engagement Platform. The technology can be used by any merchant to easily accept different payment methods, make checkout forms less painful, and ultimately eliminate checkout forms entirely. Register for “RIP Checkout Forms: Google and Mobify Present the Future of Online Buying,” to be held Wed., July 27, 2016, at 9am PT / 12pm ET / 5pm BST / 6pm CEST.
Nearly half of cart abandonments occur at the payment stage of checkout, making streamlining the checkout process critical to avoid losing customers. Mobify has been working with Google to ensure the Mobify platform is the first to support the new service. Zach Koch, product manager at Google, and Anthony Nicalo, vice president of platform at Mobify will explain:
- Google’s PaymentRequest API and how to get started
- How it is different from Android Pay, Apple Pay and PayPal
- How app-style payments will improve the customer experience, boost conversion rates and recover millions in online revenue
Mobify’s Mobile Customer Engagement Platform is designed for retailers that want to build better relationships through mobile engagement. It is the first mobile commerce solution to leverage the modern web capabilities of Google’s innovative Progressive Web App (PWA) technology, using the latest features designed to make web apps feel and perform more like native apps. Now, with Google’s PaymentRequest, retailers can exploit this important technology to stay ahead of consumer buying habits and provide seamless shopping experiences as mobile becomes the main means of shopping for many customers.
Mobify delivers a comprehensive Mobile Customer Engagement Platform to help retailers cultivate powerful relationships with their customers, increasing revenue online and in-store revenue.
Mobify leverages its Progressive Mobile™ technology to create connected mobile web and native apps linked with legacy commerce platforms to ensure seamless customer journeys across channels and minimize development, operational, and maintenance expenses. With Mobify’s Engagement Engine, retailers can tailor content to each customer’s context, including their real-time physical location and online behavior. The Mobify Connection Center brings everything together in a single interface for managing all mobile customer interactions across web, apps and push notifications.
Ranked by industry analysts as a leader in mobile commerce and engagement, Mobify serves retailers and brands worldwide, including BT, Crocs, Carnival Cruises, Bosch, Superdry, Eddie Bauer, Matalan, and Tommy Bahama.
Other Point of Sale blogs that may interest you:
- Touch Dynamic Announces the Quest II Tablet
- E-Commerce Giants Klarna and Lyst Partner to Advance Seamless Mobile Shopping
- Sionic Mobile Enhances ION Loyalty for Small Business Merchants with iBeacons
- Globalegrow Optimizes Registration and Check-out Process; Better Shopping Experience
- RFID Journal to Hold 12th Annual LIVE Europe Conference in London on Nov. 10, 2016
- Mastercard Removes Digital Payment Barriers, Consumers Shop with Masterpass