How Russian websites accept online payments – Study By MARC Research
MOSCOW, April 18, 2017 /PRNewswire/ —
MARC, a global research agency, studied the market of payment aggregators in Russia and saw how online stores preferences have changed over the year. The company analyzed 116,000 websites.
How Russian websites accept online payments
In a year, the number of websites that accept online payments has increased by 32% – from 88 thousand to 116 thousand. More than 66% of websites accept online payments through payment aggregators*. 24% connect particular payment methods – for example, e-wallets – directly through the provider. 13% set up Internet acquiring via banks, 7% via payment gateways**.
Index /Period End of 2016 End of 2015 Number of websites using online payment solutions, in thousands 116 88 Percentage of websites using online acquiring from banks 13 9 Percentage of websites working through a payment aggregator 66 64 Percentage of websites using payment gateway 7 8 Percentage of websites with a direct connection to particular payment methods (e.g. e-wallet) 24 27
Russian websites use the services of about 100 payment aggregators and gateways. The most popular payment aggregator of 2016 is Yandex.Checkout: it is used by almost 30% of websites. Second most popular payment aggregator is Robokassa: at the end of the last year, more than 10% of websites used it to receive payments. About 4.6% of websites work with Payeer, 4.2% with UnitPay, about 4% use Wallet One and Interkassa, 3% use PayAnyWay, 2% use RBC Money, PayMaster and Platron. About 11% of websites work with other aggregators, including PayU, Uniteller, PayOnline, Assist, IntellectMoney and ECommPay.
Top 10 payment aggregators in Russia: 2017
According to the number of websites connected to them
End of 2016, End of 2015, Aggregator/period percentage of website percentage of websites Yandex.Checkout 29,6 23,9 Robokassa 10,3 19,6 Payeer 4,6 4,5 UnitPay 4,2 4,2 Wallet One 3,6 2,4 Interkassa 3,6 5,2 PayAnyWay 2,9 2,0 RBС Money 2,2 2,6 PayMaster 1,9 1,3 Platron 1,8 1,5 Number of websites using online payment solutions, thousands 116 88
Machine learning methods were used for the study that was conducted in January and February of 2017 by comparing indexes for the fourth quarters of 2015 and 2016 of Russian websites that accept online payments.
* Payment aggregator is a service that allows websites to accept payments in various ways: from cards and e-wallets, via online banking, mobile commerce and so on. The aggregators provide services to different kinds and volumes of business. Some aggregators also work as payment gateways.
** Payment gateway is a service that allows websites to receive payments only from bank cards. Gateways are popular with medium-sized and large enterprises that only use acquiring directly from a bank and do not need any other payment methods.
SOURCE MARC research agency
More POS news:
- CAM Commerce Receives PCI QIR Certification
- Fujitsu Releases Compact Panel-Mount Thermal Printer Module
- Star Micronics Introduces the SM-L300, Portable Receipt and Label Printer
- Best American Hospitality (Shoney’s owner) Issues Statement Regarding Stolen Payment Cards
- E-commerce fraud increased 33 percent in 2016; Source: Experian
- Celerant Technology Receives PCI QIR Certification
- 13th Annual IRCE Conf To Feature Educational and Inspiring Keynotes By Top Leaders
- Infinite Peripherals Receives Certification for InfineaPay™ Mobile EMV Payment Solution
- Apple to retain dominance of OEM-Pay market for next 5 years – Juniper