National Retail Federation Announces Shop.org 2017
Annual E-commerce Conference Will be Held in Los Angeles
WASHINGTON, March 17, 2017 – The National Retail Federation today announced that it has adopted Shop.org as the name of its annual e-commerce conference, which was previously known as Retail’s Digital Summit and held by NRF’s Shop.org digital division. Shop.org will deliver insights into the future of digital retail and demonstrate how they are applicable in today’s marketplace as more than 4,000 retailers gather at the Los Angeles Convention Center September 25-27.
“At Shop.org, attendees will discover new ideas, get actionable takeaways and build strong relationships with the brightest and most innovative players in the e-commerce world,” NRF President and CEO Matthew Shay said. “The rebranding of our show reflects our desire to focus on qualities that differentiate us from our competitors and stay ahead of the innovation curve in the retail industry.”
This year’s show will offer a new immersive experience that will blend insightful educational content, an easily navigable exhibit hall featuring futuristic technology solutions and new ways to expand attendees’ professional networks.
For the first time, the exhibit hall, both main and feature-stage keynotes and breakout sessions will all be on one large floor, allowing attendees to easily interact with exhibitors, network with other retailers and see speakers in one location. In addition, the exhibit floor will be divided into sections based on product categories, making it easier for retailers to find the products they need.
“As retail continues to evolve, so will the content and format of our shows,” NRF Senior Vice President Susan Newman said. “Our transformation strategy is focused on leveraging ways to improve the audience experience by providing insight and content that allow retailers to continue evolving in this new era of the digital consumer,”
Another new element is the Innovation Lab, where attendees will experience how shopping will come to life in the very near future through products and technologies that will impact the digital retail industry for years to come. Finally, a podcast studio has been added where influential podcasters will discuss the latest trends in e-commerce, technology and retail with experts attending the show.
The two-day conference will include keynotes from industry leaders such as NRF Chairman Mindy Grossman, CEO of HSNi; Danielle Weisberg and Carly Zakin, founders of The Skimm; Mariam Naficy, founder and CEO of Minted.com; Adam Grant, author of “Originals”; Adam Goldenberg, co-founder and CEO of TechStyle Fashion Group; and Trevor Hardy, CEO of The Future Laboratory. More speakers will be announced in the next few weeks.
To learn more about the conference, visit www.shop.org. Complimentary registration is available to editorial staff members of the news media as well as accredited retail analysts and bloggers. To register, contact Ana Serafin Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NRF is the world’s largest retail trade association, representing discount and department stores, home goods and specialty stores, Main Street merchants, grocers, wholesalers, chain restaurants and Internet retailers from the United States and more than 45 countries. Retail is the nation’s largest private sector employer, supporting one in four U.S. jobs — 42 million working Americans. Contributing $2.6 trillion to annual GDP, retail is a daily barometer for the nation’s economy.
- Another Hospitality Point of Sale Terminal Hacking
- POS-Advice.com For Restaurants
- Retailers Welcome Committee Vote to Repeal Obamacare
- First Data Strengthens eCommerce Position with Acquisition of Acculynk
- Celerant Technology Partners With SPS Commerce
- Infogain is Silver Sponsor for Oracle Industry Connect 2017
- Sionic Mobile, Customer Engagement Tech Provide Mobile Loyalty, Payments to Underbanked
- E-Complish EDoc Software Helps Businesses Save Money and Increase Efficiencies
- Mobile Payments Conference – Aug 28-30 2017
- Payment Processing Innovator Secures $4M in Debt Financing from Silicon Valley Bank
- Revel Systems Partners with Pacific Gateway and Expensify to Disrupt Airport Retail
- Flow Raises $13M for Cross-Border Commerce Platform
- ShopChat Launches World’s First Shopping Keyboard & Raises Funding from Rakuten
- Cake & Arrow Publishes New White Paper Comparing Customer Usability of Ecommerce Platforms
- NCR Adds Digimarc Barcode to Its New Advanced RealScan™ 79e All-Imaging Scanner
Need some POS case studies? Click the link —> Point-of-sale case studies