NCR Ranked #1 in Global POS Software by RBR in Second Year of Market Report
DULUTH, Ga.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR), a global leader in omni-channel solutions, remains the leading point-of-sale (POS) software provider for the retail and hospitality industries according to a study published by the strategic research and consulting firm RBR.
RBR’s research “Global POS Software 2017” is an in-depth international study of this dynamic market, analyzing more than 1,400 projects, by more than 60 vendors. The report shows that major retailers and hospitality operators account for 7 million POS installations worldwide, with NCR as the market leader for the 2nd consecutive year.
Additionally, nearly 300,000 new POS installations occurred from June 2016 to June 2017, and NCR led this growth with 14% global share.
“Retail and hospitality businesses are increasingly turning to our Omni Channel Decision Support Solutions and capabilities as NCR delivers proven value to our customers as a critical partner in shaping the customer experience,” said Dirk Izzo, senior vice president and general manager Industry Solution Group, NCR Corporation. “Our point-of-sale software delivers a consistent consumer experience across all touchpoints.”
The NCR software portfolio is leading transformational change across the entire retail and hospitality ecosystem, as these markets will increasingly rely on omni-channel platforms that can capture and provide actionable customer insights. NCR’s cloud-based infrastructure and APIs, combined with NCR point-of-sale software, will enable integration of third party applications and various types of data analysis to drive smarter, faster business decisions. This enables businesses to select and easily integrate different types of technology with their current systems, ultimately helping to save them money, time to market and helping them future-proof their business and transform at their own pace.
About NCR Corporation
NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a leader in omni-channel solutions, turning everyday interactions with businesses into exceptional experiences. With its software, hardware, and portfolio of services, NCR enables nearly 700 million transactions daily across the financial, retail, hospitality, travel, telecom and technology industries. NCR solutions run the everyday transactions that make your life easier. NCR is headquartered in Duluth, Ga., with about 30,000 employees and does business in 180 countries. NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries. NCR encourages investors to visit its website which is updated regularly with financial and other important information about NCR.
Other Point of Sale News:
- Air Canada Expands Acceptance of Alternative Payments for International Transactions
- MSPA Americas Announces 2018 Elite Award recipients
- Toshiba Donates Copier to Crazy Horse Memorial Foundation
- SouChe Raises $335 million In Round Led by Alibaba to Build New Retail Ecosystem
- New Cloud-based CRM for OPE, Marine, Rental, Construction, & Industrial
- Bloom intelligence meets urgent retail and hospitality challenges
- Nespresso Stores To Get Wi-Fi Services In More Than 35 Countries From Telecom Giant
- New Mobile Loyalty App From Red Lobster
- FutureProof Retail In Partnership With CloudIoT Bringing Line Free Checkout to Saudi Arabia
- EMVCo Enhances EMV 3-D Secure Specification