NCR Wins Four GOOD DESIGN™ Awards
DULUTH, Ga.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR), a global leader in omni-channel solutions, today announced that it has won four 2017 GOOD DESIGN™ Awards. Founded in Chicago in 1950, the awards program is one of the oldest and most prestigious for design excellence worldwide.
NCR’s SelfServ 80 Series, an award-winning family of ATM solutions launched in 2017 designed to re-invent the banking experience for consumers and financial institutions, and NCR’s FastLane SelfServ™, retail technology providing consumers with convenient checkout options, were recognized for their excellence in product design and innovation category. NCR will showcase the award-winning self-checkout technology at NRF 2018 Retail’s Big Show at booth #3121 from Jan 14 to 16, 2018.
“NCR has consistently invested in innovations to deliver built for purpose smart edge devices that, in conjunction with our software and services, deliver exceptional customer experiences, and these awards are another recognition of this,” said Bob Ciminera, NCR’s executive vice president, Hardware Product Operations. “We are committed to continuing to develop products and solutions that set the standards in connected financial and retail technology that will enable new levels of productivity gains for our customers.”
NCR won a total of four awards for the following designs. Each category and description of the award can be read here:
- NCR 80 Series Demo
- NCR SelfServ 84 Walk-up – Exterior Through the Wall Multi-Function ATM
- NCR SelfServ 88 – Freestanding Drive-Up Island Multi-Function ATM
- NCR Fastlane SelfServ – Latest Generation of NCR Self-Checkout Solutions
In 2017, the award program received submissions from several thousand of the world’s leading manufacturers and industrial and graphic design firms representing the most important and critical mass of influential corporations in the design industry from over 55 countries. This year marked the most significant year for GOOD DESIGN™ with foremost design firms comprising critical mass from FORTUNE 500 companies participating.
About NCR Corporation
NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a leader in omni-channel solutions, turning everyday interactions with businesses into exceptional experiences. With its software, hardware, and portfolio of services, NCR enables nearly 700 million transactions daily across the financial, retail, hospitality, travel, telecom and technology industries. NCR solutions run the everyday transactions that make your life easier. NCR is headquartered in Duluth, Ga., with about 30,000 employees and does business in 180 countries. NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries. NCR encourages investors to visit its website which is updated regularly with financial and other important information about NCR.
Other Point of Sale News
- Suning Unmanned ’Biu’ Store to Make International Debut at #CES2018 to Showcase Smart Retail
- KDX to Present At #CES2018 its Latest Innovative Technologies and Highlights
- Securus Technologies Announces Acquisition of GovPayNet
- Retailers Welcome DOL Action on Association Health Plans
- Red Wing Shoe Company is Live with Red Wing for Business
- How Integration of Port Virtualization Tech into the POS system Can Save Time & Money
- Macy’s, Inc. Reports Positive Comp Sales for November/December
- A Price War in The Convenience Sector Looms In 2018, Says GlobalData
- Hubba Helps Retailers Meet The Growing Demand For Cruelty-Free Beauty Products
- Urban Logistics Opportunities-Last-Mile Innovation