New Data Shows Bigger Smartphones are Responsible for Increasing E-Commerce Sales
NEW YORK, Jan. 25, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — In 2017, retailers are expected to devote more resources to enhancing the customer journey on e-commerce sites and improving transaction security by using innovative merchant solutions, like the service offered by E-Complish.
A new study released by the Interactive Media in Retail Group (IMRG) attributes the growth of e-commerce sales to an increase in the number of consumers using smartphones for transactions. The IMRG Capgemini Sales Index Summary December 2016 posted on ComputerWeekly.com shows transactions on smartphones were up 47 percent from the previous year, while purchases made on tablets were down 3 percent. Emarketer’s latest mobile payment forecast projects double-digit growth on smartphones through 2020 in the United States, when transaction value will exceed $314 billion.
Smartphone manufacturers have been steadily adapting to the trend, offering consumers increased screen sizes for improved user experience as they shop on their devices. Smartphones now account for the majority of mobile sales, capturing 54 percent of transactions. ComputerWeekly.com projects retailers will put more of a focus than ever on improving their online retail sites, which contributes to the cycle of increasing customer trust and enjoyment while online shopping, which increases sales.
“At E-Complish, we’ve created a variety of PCI-compliant merchant solutions designed to make e-commerce transactions more intuitive and easy to use for customers, and more efficient for retailers,” says Stephen Price, CEO of E-Complish. “With HostPay from E-Complish, retailers get access to a secure e-commerce service that accepts all major credit cards and mobile payment methods, with an online retail environment that can be completely customized to seamlessly fit their unique brands.”
Other bar code news:
- Besser Ace Hardware Launches Epicor Eagle N Series to Rejuvenate Operations in Downtown Location
- Quick Service Restaurant IT Market – U.S. Industry Analysis & Forecast 2016 – 2024
- Total Merchant Services Offers Free Payment Processing for Businesses of All Types
- Global and China Mobile Payment Industry Report, 2016-2020
- New Report Reveals Online Shoppers Want More Payment and Financing Options
- Chinese Companies Spending More on Digital Advertising
- Interconnect Designer and Manufacturer RF Industries Fourth Quarter, Fiscal 2016 Results
- Mirakl eCommerce Announces Record Growth, Continued International Expansion