New Epson POS Thermal Printer with Energy Star
EPSON UNVEILS TM-T88V: NEWEST GENERATION OF BEST-SELLING, THERMAL RECEIPT PRINTER
TM-T88V Boasts Energy Efficiency, Top Reliability, Industry-Leading Four-Year Warranty
Long Beach, CA, February 17, 2010 – Today Epson, a leading supplier of value-added Point of Sale (POS) solutions, introduces its new TM-T88V thermal printer, the only POS thermal receipt printer available today with ENERGY STAR qualified configurations,* and the newest addition to Epson’s best-selling TM-T88 POS printer series. With an industry-leading, four-year warranty and print speeds up to 50% faster than the previous model, Epson’s TM-T88V offers solid reliability along with advanced, full-featured printing functionality and is ideally suited for a broad array of retail and food service applications.
“Designed to meet the most stringent energy efficiency requirements, the TM-T88V is the industry’s gold standard in thermal POS printers,” commented Mike Helm, Director of Sales and Marketing, Epson System Device Group. “The best-selling single station printer just got better. It’s a workhorse with solid Epson reliability built into it.”
TM-T88V Features and Benefits
Designed with even greater reliability than the award-winning TM-T88IV, Epson’s new TM-T88V offers the following features and benefits:
- ENERGY STAR Qualified: Epson has a strong commitment to product lifecycle sustainability and a long history of environmentally-conscious design and manufacturing. The TM-T88V has been designed to meet ENERGY STAR qualifications, and is the only POS thermal receipt printer available today with ENERGY STAR qualified configurations.*
- Top Reliability: With a MCBF of 70 million lines, 35% higher than the TM-T88IV, and an autocutter life of 2 million cuts, the TM-T88V delivers best-in-class reliability.
- High-Speed, High-Resolution Text and Graphics: Whether printing text or graphics, the TM-T88V prints at speeds of up to 300mm per second, 50% faster than the TM-T88IV. It’s also the only printer in the industry to offer 16 levels of grayscale to ensure ultra-clear, crisp graphics.
- Easy to Use, Easy to Maintain: The TM-T88V’s easy-to-use features include drop-in paper loading, an autocutter, easy-to-read LEDs and an improved cover design that prevents foreign objects, like coins and other debris, from getting inside.
- Dual Interfaces: The TM-T88V comes with dual interfaces (a built-in USB and one additional interface) to ensure easy integration.
- Paper Reduction Feature: The TM-T88V includes a paper reduction setting which reduces white space between receipts to minimize paper use.
- Product Options: The TM-T88V offers an optional case to store the power supply and secure cords under the printer, as well as an optional mounting bracket for hanging the printer on a wall.
Warranty and Availability
With an industry-leading four-year limited warranty, Epson’s TM-T88V will be available Q2 2010 through Epson’s designated sales and distribution channels. For more information, visit pos.epson.com.
Epson is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of highly reliable point-of-service technology, including printers, precision printing mechanisms and digital image scanners. For the fourth year in a row (2006-2009), retailers have ranked Epson first in POS peripherals in the RIS News “Hardware LeaderBoard.” Founded in 1975 and headquartered in Long Beach, CA, Epson America, Inc. is the U.S. affiliate of Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, a global manufacturer and supplier of high-quality technology products that meet customer demands for increased functionality, compactness, systems integration and energy efficiency. The Seiko Epson organization is proud of its ongoing contributions to the global environment and for the second year in a row is part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index, an indicator for leading companies in economic, environmental and social criteria. For more information, please visit pos.epson.com.