New FreshBooks Credit Card Reader Gets Small Business Owners Paid on the Spot
Offering the Latest EMV Protection, Card Reader Syncs Payments Automatically to FreshBooks Accounting Software
TORONTO, ON–(Marketwired – Feb 23, 2016) – FreshBooks, the #1 cloud accounting software designed exclusively for service-based small business owners, today announced the release of the FreshBooks Card Reader, a pocket-sized device that enables small business owners to easily and securely get paid from anywhere using their mobile device.
The FreshBooks Card Reader plugs into an iPhone’s audio jack and processes credit card payments in under a minute. The full integration with FreshBooks accounting software means invoices and reports are automatically updated as payments are processed, so users save time and get paid faster.
The credit card reader features dual chip-and-swipe capability, and the latest in EMV security technology to protect small business owners from fraudulent transactions and liability risks. Credit card information is encrypted and not stored on the device.
“The freedom to work from anywhere, to get paid from anywhere, and to do it without security worries — that’s something the FreshBooks team is proud to deliver to our customers,” said Mike McDerment, co-founder and CEO, FreshBooks. “The FreshBooks Credit Card Reader is just one more way we can make it easier than ever before for freelancers and small business owners to successfully run their businesses.”
Since the EMV technology switch date in October 2015, many industries — retailers as an example — have noticeably lagged in their adoption of the new technology. Evidence from early users of FreshBooks Credit Card Reader shows that small service-based business owners may be unexpectedly leading the pack with a higher than expected adoption rate. Currently, 68% of FreshBooks Credit Card Reader beta testers are using EMV.
“I like the unified payment and billing with FreshBooks and that it’s a one-stop shop for professional-looking accounting,” said FreshBooks customer Matt Jeske, who runs his own cloud services and computer support business in Watertown, Minn., and who was part of the first group of early FreshBooks Credit Card Reader testers. “With more of my customers switching to chip cards, I appreciate that the new FreshBooks Card Reader lets me provide them with peace-of-mind with the added security.”
The credit card reader is supported by FreshBooks’ award-winning customer support team, and is powered by FreshBooks Payments, so users can accept Visa, MasterCard and Amex cards from their clients. The credit card reader is compatible with iPhone and iPod Touch devices running iOS 8 or newer and the latest version of the FreshBooks iOS app.
The device is covered by a one-year warranty, and is available in the US for $29 USD. http://www.marketwired.com/mw/release.do?id=2099338&sourceType=3
More Articles …
- Paymentwall opens Japanese digital market to international businesses
- Ingenico Named One of the Most Innovative Technology Companies in Georgia
- Reflektion Closes $18 Million in Series B Funding Led by Battery Ventures
- Ahold USA and RSi Reinvent the Retailer Supplier Relationship
- Dream Payments Launches Mobile Merchant Services Platform for Banks and Merchant Acquirers
- BTM Global Implements Oracle Retail POS and Store Invt Mgmt For Perry Ellis
- Retail Leaders Forum in Sydney, Australia #RLForum
- CloudPay Solution to Offer Tokens for Issuer Wallets #MWC16
- Two New Rugged Tablets From Panasonic
- Managing and Securing Mobile Devices across Multiple Form Factors at #mwc16
- oti Receives Approval to Support Payment Processing Across EU for Vending and Kiosks
- PayPal Announce NFC Upgrade, Mobile Wallet Partnership with Vodafone