North America Online Payment Methods: Full Year 2016
LONDON, April 4, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — Online shoppers in North America prefer to pay with plastic cards, per new yStats.com publication
The well-known credit card companies, American Express, MasterCard and Visa far outpace other payment methods such as online debits and E-Wallets in North American E-Commerce, according to sources cited in the yStats.com report. Considering the two countries together, more than two-thirds of online consumers prefer credit cards over other payment methods.
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/2787561/
One payment method that is expected to see considerable future growth in the region is mobile payment. Currently accounting for only a small percentage of retail purchases, surveys mentioned in the yStats.com publication indicate that shoppers are warming to the concept of mobile payments linked to the major credit cards.
A major concern for consumers is the security of their payments, whether by credit card or one of the innovative methods. One half of U.S. respondents to a recent survey cited in the new yStats.com report indicated a wariness regarding credit card or other online payment when shopping online. Merchants and credit card companies are searching for a solution to the growing incidence of fraud in online retail, including biometrics such as fingerprint scanners… read more
- Avangate Acquires 2Checkout to Expand Payment Flexibility and Broaden Market Reach
- ECRS Supports Independent Supermarkets in Call For Preservation of Debit Reform
- PayPal, Visa Extend Partnership to Accelerate Adoption of Digital and Mobile Payments
- Deputy Announces Broad Adoption in Retail Sector
- Mastercard cardholders in UAE can now use Samsung Pay
- Sterling Payment Unveils Enhanced EMV Payment Solution Leveraging Ingenico Smart Terminals
- Lightspeed POS Announces Five Noteworthy Hospitality Customers
- Alternet Systems Cannabis Point of Sale System to Process Cafe Sales at trade show