Notice of Payment Card Security Incident – Retailer Forever 21
LOS ANGELES, Nov. 14, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — Forever 21 is notifying its customers that it recently received a report from a third party that suggested there may have been unauthorized access to data from payment cards that were used at certain Forever 21 stores. Forever 21 immediately began an investigation of its payment card systems and engaged a leading security and forensics firm to assist.
Because of the encryption and tokenization solutions that Forever 21 implemented in 2015, it appears that only certain point of sale devices in some Forever 21 stores were affected when the encryption on those devices was not operating. The company’s investigation is focused on card transactions in Forever 21 stores from March 2017 – October 2017. Because the investigation is continuing, complete findings are not available, and it is too early to provide further details on the investigation. Forever 21 expects to provide an additional notice as it gets further clarity on the specific stores and timeframes that may have been involved.
It is always advisable for customers to closely monitor their payment card statements. If customers see an unauthorized charge, they should immediately notify the bank that issued the card. Payment card network rules generally state that cardholders are not responsible for such charges.
We regret that this incident occurred and apologize for any inconvenience. We will continue to work to address this matter. For more information, please visit www.forever21.com/protecting_our_customers.
ABOUT FOREVER 21
Forever 21, Inc., headquartered in Los Angeles, California, is a fashion retailer of women’s, men’s and kids clothing and accessories and is known for offering the hottest, most current fashion trends at a great value to consumers. This model operates by keeping the store exciting with new merchandise brought in daily. Founded in 1984, Forever 21 operates more than 815 stores in 57 countries with retailers in the United States, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Israel, Japan, Korea, Latin America, Mexico, Philippines and United Kingdom. For more information please visit: newsroom.forever21.com.
Other Point of Sale News:
- Zebra Shopper Survey shows 1/2 of Shoppers Better Connected than Retail Associates
- Looming Christmas Crisis Sparks Retail Delivery Innovation
- MOBI724 Announces Processing of Card-Linked Transactions Through Visa Offers Platform
- Retail Control Systems Partners With Outbound Software For NCR Counterpoint Ticketing
- Partnership Between Netsurion and Lucas Systems Provides Retailers with IT Security
- GSP COO Kevin Farley to Speak at Outlook Conference
- Burroughs Joins Withdraw Cash Wednesday Campaign as Silver Sponsor
- NAPAS Signed MoU with Ant Financial, to Enable Alipay for Chinese Travellers in Vietnam
- Yext and ShopKeep Announce Integration Enabling Businesses to Manage Online Information
- Ebates Holiday Survey: Most Americans Plan to Shop on Black Friday