NRF Supports Nominee to Lead Customs Agency
WASHINGTON, July 11, 2017– The National Retail Federation today called on the Senate to confirm U.S. Customs and Border Protection Acting Commissioner Kevin McAleenan as the permanent head of the agency.
“CPB has a distinct role of not only securing our homeland from a multitude of threats but also facilitating legitimate trade and travel to help grow our economy,” NRF Senior Vice President for Government Relations David French said. “Because of this significant dual mission, the agency needs a leader who understands the unique nature of CPB. … Acting Commissioner McAleenan has the history and experience to lead such an effort.”
Retailers view CBP as a vital partner in their global supply chains and work closely with the agency on multiple fronts to improve supply chain security and trade enforcement as well as movement of goods across borders.
NRF is the world’s largest retail trade association, representing discount and department stores, home goods and specialty stores, Main Street merchants, grocers, wholesalers, chain restaurants and internet retailers from the United States and more than 45 countries. Retail is the nation’s largest private sector employer, supporting one in four U.S. jobs – 42 million working Americans. Contributing $2.6 trillion to annual GDP, retail is a daily barometer for the nation’s economy.
Other POS News:
- Conformance Technologies Inks Deal with Pivotal Payments
- North American Bancard Holdings Closes on Acquisition of Total Merchant Services
- E-commerce Performance Indicators & Confidence Report Finds 65% of Retailers Sell on Amazon
- Imports Could Hit New Record as Busy Retail Merchants Stock Up
- PlaceIQ and IRI Launch Partnership to Augment IRI’s CPG & Retail Big Data Cloud Offering
- New 35-unit Pizza Hut Franchise Selects Delaget for Payroll, Accounting, and Reporting
- Four Out of Five Millennials Purchased From Amazon in the Past Month