PALO ALTO, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Pica8, Inc., a leading vendor of white box switch software, today announced that it is launching its PicOS™ network operating system into the retail market with an exhibit in booth 1480 at the National Retail Federation’s annual trade show and conference at the Jacob Javits Convention Center in New York on January 14-16.
Pica8’s growing ecosystem for retailer networks is enabling increasing adoption of the white box value proposition – separation of hardware and software purchases to avoid vendor lock-in, providing freedom of choice and saving on Capex and Opex. Pica8’s PicOS Network Operating System has been deployed in retail stores and branch offices and provides a set of features optimized for the unique demands found there. PicOS White Box Networking advantages to retailers include:
- Capex cost reduction via hardware commoditization
- Opex cost reduction via automated activation: no IT personnel needed for on-site activation
- Switch-secured Point of Sale terminals and transactions from internal and external threats
- Portability to Ethernet switch hardware from many suppliers
- You’re in control of your network operating system & configurations
- Futureproofed with Software Defined Networking features for later activation
“We are seeing increasing demand for our networking solutions among retailers who need automation and security in their locations,” said Niraj Jain, VP of sales and business development at Pica8. “The features of PicOS have been optimized to support unique requirements in the retail environment, and enable operational savings as well as zero-touch provisioning and centralized control and management.”
About Pica8, Inc.
Pica8 is breaking barriers to truly customizable application performance through open networking. With its Linux-based PicOS™ network operating system, Pica8 enables custom traffic engineering and empowers white box and brite box switches to integrate easily with existing Layer 2/Layer 3. Since 2009, Pica8 has pioneered new open networking technologies such as Linux-based networking, OpenFlow and CrossFlow networking, vASIC® and Table Type Patterns. Through ongoing innovation, Pica8 is a trusted brand that unlocks the potential of made-to-order networking, offering a mainstream alternative to legacy proprietary systems. For more information, visit www.pica8.com or follow us on Twitter @pica8.
- ShopKeep Ranked Number 155 Fastest Growing Company on Deloitte’s 2017 Technology Fast 500
- Custom Business Solutions Selected by BJ’s Restaurants as 2017 Supplier of the Year
- Imports Level Off But ‘Warehouses Are Full’ as Retailers Enter Holiday Season
- 25% Increase in Buy Online, Pickup In-Store Expected This Holiday Shopping Season
- Target Takes On Wal-Mart’s Mobile Plans; Now Offers Free Mobile Services In Stores
- OneView Commerce and Quinyx Partner to Optimise Workforce Productivity for Retailers
- Bluefin Payment Systems Launches PCI-Validated P2PE Sub-Listing Opt for Decryptx Partners
- Five Trends to Watch during Singles’ Day 2017
- APG Cash Drawer Releases Mobile and Cloud Based TCP/IP Technology for…
Other websites to visit: