Optoro Partners With Groupon to Manage Returned and Excess Inventory
WASHINGTON, DC–(Marketwired – Feb 1, 2016) – Optoro®, the leading platform for returned and excess inventory, today announced that it has partnered with Groupon, a global leader in local commerce, to process returned and excess inventory for the Groupon Goods business. This new solution, implemented on-site at Groupon’s fulfillment center in Hebron, KY, allows Groupon to easily and efficiently handle returns by cutting out unnecessary middlemen and reducing waste.
“At Groupon, we are always looking for innovative partners that will help us become a more sustainable, profitable, and community-oriented business,” said Andrew Bowerman, Vice President of Logistics, Groupon Goods. “The Optoro solution enables us to do all three by reducing waste and carbon emissions in the supply chain, increasing recovery, and providing consumers with great deals.”
Traditionally, returned and excess items are shipped multiple times over the course of many months before reaching an end consumer — losing value and creating unnecessary waste. Optoro’s software solution helps retailers optimize the management of returned and excess inventory by processing, sorting, and selling these products in a much more efficient and cost-effective way.
“We’re excited to work with Groupon to address the business, logistical, and sustainability challenges related to returned and excess inventory,” said Tobin Moore, CEO of Optoro. “The use of Optoro’s technology is increasing value for our clients, providing great deals for consumers through our Blinq brand, and helping the environment by keeping high quality goods out of landfills.”
Optoro, Inc. is a technology company that is transforming the way retailers process, manage and sell their returned and excess inventory. Through comprehensive, world-class data analytics, Optoro’s software platform determines the best path for returned and excess goods, maximizing recovery value, enabling consumers to get great deals, and reducing environmental waste. Optoro, BLINQ™, and BULQ are trademarks of Optoro, Inc. and may be registered in certain jurisdictions. Founded in 2010, Optoro is based in Washington, D.C. and Maryland. For more information, please visit www.Optoro.com and follow us on Twitter at @optoroinc.
- Red Wing Selects BTM Global for Custom Development and Oracle Retail Implementation
- Extracting Customer Insights From Big Data
- Epson to Host Second Digital Couture Event During Fashion Week in New York
- MasterCard Incorporated Reports Fourth-Quarter and Full-Year 2015 Financial Results
- Big Banks To Allow Cardless ATM Use This Year
- Herlitz IM Introduces New Seasonality Feature
- Paypal Reports Strong Earnings and Growth
- Display Vendors to Create New Opportunities for Tablet-Based Kiosk Solutions in Commerce
- More than a third of global online transactions now mobile
- New Auto Parts App Released by eEuroparts.com