Oracle MICROS Point of Sale Hacked
A data breach at Oracle MICROS Point of Sale is being reported by Brian Krebs of Krebs On Security.
“A Russian organized cybercrime group known for hacking into banks and retailers appears to have breached hundreds of computer systems at software giant Oracle Corp., KrebsOnSecurity has learned. More alarmingly, the attackers have compromised a customer support portal for companies using Oracle’s MICROS point-of-sale credit card payment systems.
Asked this weekend for comment on rumors of a large data breach potentially affecting customers of its retail division, Oracle acknowledged that it had “detected and addressed malicious code in certain legacy MICROS systems.”
MORE POINT OF SALE NEWS:
- Walmart is buying Jet.com for $3 billion (Recode)
- Payment Alliance International Receives Greater Louisville Best Places to Work Award
- NRS Launches Point-of-Sale Advertising Network For Bodegas
- Lowes Foods Launches Market-First Integrated Coupons for eGrocery
- Symphony EYC Names Two New Americas Executives
- BIXOLON Launches High Performance 2” Thermal Transfer Desktop Label Printer with Bluetooth
- Small biz retailers most concerned about cash flow, finds Amex survey