Orlando City Soccer Club Launches Innovative App to Sell Tickets, Merchandise to fans
Orlando City Soccer Club (OCSC) is revolutionizing the way it is selling game tickets and merchandise to fans with a groundbreaking new app. The newly launched OCSC app has been created to cut out third party ticketing sites and their associated costs.
The new OCSC app, which has just launched on the App Store and is free for iOS and Android users, has been created by global mobile platform, FanHero. This is the first time FanHero has created an app that allows an organization to sell tickets directly to its fans.
XX from OCSC said: “Our fans have been asking for an official Orlando City app for years and we’ve finally found the right partner to make it for us. Thanks to the FanHero platform, we now have more control over our content and the way in which we communicate with our fans, not just in Florida, but globally.
“The ability to sell tickets and Orlando City merchandise direct to our community is an ultimate win for us. Not only can we increase revenue by cutting out the middle man, but we’re also able to clearly see what our fans like to buy and when, so we can serve them better in the long run.”
Other functions of the app include:
- Live streaming of all major games, including 360 degree angles of the pitch that no ring side seat can buy
- Past and future game schedules and up-to-the-minute league table
- Information on all your favorite Orlando City players, including their background and current stats
- Quick and easy ticket and merchandise purchase
- The chance to chat with other likeminded fans during and after each game
What’s more, the app is fully integrated with its user’s social networks, with options to share content with their connections on Facebook, Twitter, text or email.
Christopher Cooper, co-founder at FanHero commented on the new OCSC app: “We’ve made apps for hundreds of celebrities and organizations but this is the first one we have built that allows us to sell tickets and merchandise directly to a fanbase. It is just as exciting for us as it is for the soccer team itself. It seems archaic that an organization should miss out on thousands of dollars of revenue to sell their own products – we believe this technology is the future of ‘hero’ to ‘fan’ sales.”
The OCSC app is brought to you by FanHero, a global mobile platform that is set to eradicate social media limitations by providing celebrities and organizations the ability to fully monetize and connect with their followers, while retaining complete control over content and user data.
FanHero was formed in 2015 by a fusion of long-time partners Christopher Cooper, Humberto Farias, Peer Snoop and Leo Farias who previously ran tech companies focusing on mobile applications. Collectively they have over 30 years of experience in the mobile solutions space and have successfully created and launched hundreds of apps for medium companies to Fortune 100; including Warner Music, Disney, Vasco Da Gama, Hunter Hayes, Academy of Country Music, and more. They are privately funded.
More recently, tech maverick Al West has also invested in FanHero. West was the first person to successfully implement a platform solution for the banking industry, and recognizes the full potential of FanHero’s engagement and monetization platform.
Other Point of Sale blogs of interest:
- BIXOLON Announces Spring Launch for SRP-Q300 Cube Printer for mPOS
- Sterling Payment Technologies and RPOWER Point of Sale Announce New EMV Solution
- McDonald’s Unveils New Global Growth Plan – Mobile Order and Pay Coming
- Mastercard Makes Mobile Pay Simple for DStv Customers
- Mastercard & Poste Italiane Work Together #mwc17
- Faster and Easier Age ID Verification For Bars and Restaurants